Need more humidity in grow tent

This is my first grow, ever. I started germinating the seeds yesterday, bubblegum. The tent is up and i have to soil ready to go. Only 1 of 8 seeds germinated. Its doing well be but I need more humidity in my tent. How do I do that ?

1 Like

If girl is still a seedling then you can dome it with a clear solo cup and use a spray bottle to spray inside of cup. This will help retain moisture around seedling. If she is further along and already growing true leaves then you may want to get a humidifier to run in tent.

3 Likes

Germinate seeds, place in Solo cup (red or blue) and cover with a clear Solo cup. Mist inside of clear cup twice a day with an atomizer and distilled water: that’s all the seedlings need as they derive all of their water from the air for the first ten days. Watering the media risks damping off the sprout.

3 Likes

If you’re still having a humidity issue after it’s out of the dome get a good humidifier and if that doesn’t bring it up enough I spritz the walls of the tent with water whenever it needs to go up.

Also you can sit a bucket of water in the tent with a wet rag out ou the bucket like a wick. Raised mine 10 percent.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. I found a small bottle humidifier on Amazon that I’m gonna try. I only have 1 plant that sprouted and is doing well as long as I don’t kill it

Was just getting ready to start a new thread…but searched and found this topic. I’m just starting my second grow, I have seedlings just sprouted from the dirt and have them covered with the clear solo cups. So I should leave them covered for 10 days? Do I need to take it off for a bit and give them some fresh oxygen? And do I need to poke a hole in the clear cups, to let for air exchange? Thanks in advance. My first grow I didn’t use this method, so I’m wading In unfamiliar waters…lol. Thanks again.

1 Like

You’re going to mist the inside of the dome daily to provide the moisture the seedling needs. That’s enough to exchange the air inside. After transplant the dome can come off.

1 Like