Need Led's for my 4x4 x 7 foot gorilla tent

I’m about to start my first indoor setup and I’ve been reading a LOT over the past few months.

I see lot’s of people in these forums highly recommending HLG’s but reading I thought I’d ideally want capacity for a higher PPFD.

Also I think I’d eventually want to start adding touches of UV towards the end. I imagine that would be an add on light (Migro’s looks cool)

I also hope to get this right the first time by buying a good LED that will maximize yields. Cost is not an issue – within reason.

I was thinking I wanted samsung diodes, full spectrum with high red and something where I can get close enough to the plants without heat stress. But if experience shows that’s not necessary I’d love to hear.

I plan to watch everything per Bruce Bugbee’s video on maximizing yields (except for CO2).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. When I read the site I see a lot of budget LED’s which I’d love IF I’m not sacrificing yields.

May your bowls stay full during these crazy times

2 Likes

Are you deadset on LEDs

No I’m open to whatever is best for the best output and I’d love any suggestions. I was concerned with heat issues witb hps (the ceiling in my tent is about 7’ tall and I was hoping for decent size / yielding plants. I thought the spectrum was best with LED’s. Have room in my apt to buy an extender that gives me another foot or two of height

I use this

And with topping and LST I got this in a 4*4

2 Likes

Hey @Scar1et_f1re I literally just got an email from Amazon advertising this light maybe @Oldschool82 could look at it and tell you if it’s the same or close to what he’s showing you and if it’s a good deal. I just came by to read your post and saw the light he’s showing you. I don’t know the 1st thing about these lights just wanted to share the sale I got from them because it just happened lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O1V634/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabc_ulhSFb3Q33FYA

1 Like

@Oldschool82, Those plants look yummy but if starting new most things I read seem to point towards LED’s over HPS. Do you think HPS’s are better for growing (maybe with metal halides to start) or is it you’ve always used them and don’t fix what ain’t broken?

I am definately confused and hoping to figure it out before the black friday sales hit here in the US.

2 Likes

LED much cooler and energy friendly. HLG and several other companies like kingbrite I hear and I personally use a Mars Hydro TSW 2000. For your budget get HLG lighting a pair of 260’s or such and you’ll never have to wonder what if I had better lights. :wink::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I agree with above also

2 Likes

LEDs are way more efficient, and you can play with the height buy turning them down or up! The density of the bud is as good as HID in my opinion!
You can mount driver outside of tent for less heat! I am biased though because I :heart: my lights, if you get components you can build one custom the way you want it!

6 Likes

For the HLG 260’ I assume two for a 2X4 and the ones with the red diodes too?

2 Likes

I bought the diy chilled tech growcraft x6 600 for a 4x4 of my 4x8 and couldn’t be happier. I have 4 rspecs and a PLC strip light also and they all do good jobs as well

3 Likes

I just got 2 XS1500 from VIPARSPECTRA LED from Amazon . Go thur VIPARSPECTRA and they have a 20% off coupon. It’s like $140.00. Also bought Marshydro 600w off Ebay for like $80.00. Running these in a 4x4. The XS1500 has Samsung chips and dimmable meanwell driver. The mars is plug and play.

2 Likes

I run timber grow lights, 4vs and a redwood

3 Likes

One of the reference builds? What is the configuration if you don’t mind. I built a small 4 strip fixture for supplemental light during flower in my 3x3.
Do you have preference of one of your lights over the other.

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! To efficiently light a 4x4 space. You would need two HLG 260 V2 R-Spec XL kits.
For 2x4 space you would only need one.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community. Sound advice from all. I use two HLG 260 V2 R in my 4x4 tent with very good results. happy growing :bat: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Timber grow lights for your redwood. That’s what I read LOL :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

For what it’s worth i use hps
Never used led light because dobt have enough knowledge to make a educated guess and growing cannabis is time consuming and last thing you want is to wast money on a light that not quality

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes