Need info on growing Gelato 41

Hello all, I’m a new grower who only has a half a grow under my belt, but I know the ropes of what I’m doing. I just got my first grow situated, and the only thing I have to do now is SCROG them. I got my stepfather interested in growing, and I’m going to let him use my equipment after my grow since I’ll be taking a small break. He has a Gelato 41 seed that I found in some bud from BeLeaf Medical LLC, who makes Sinse. If anyone who’s grown this strain can leave some info on what it prefers, it would help a lot. It will be planted in Happy Frog soil with FF trio, with two SF1000, totaling about 200W total, and that’s about all I have planned. I’m trying to gather some intel for him so I can summarize it and write it down for him. Thanks in advance, y’all

Even within a certain strain each plant may want something a little different.
In a general sense some things you should do is amend the Happy Frog soil with perlite. About 20% by volume. Cannabis likes loose soil. Most growers I see only use a half strength mix with FF nutes. Fabric pots are the best. You may already know this, but you said new grower so I started with some basics.

1 Like

Thanks for the perlite recommendation, I’ve been using straight Ocean Forest since the beginning of my own grow, which did make things rocky in the beginning, but now I have three strong plants. They’re about 8-9 weeks old now and small for their age because of the blurple stage in the beginning, but I’ve made major improvements in my knowledge and setup since then. I’ve also told him already to start in a Solo cup and transfer directly to a 7 gallon container once the leaves reach the edge, and to only water lightly in a circle in the middle to not drown the young plant and to expand the roots more. Any thoughts on this? I’ve heard of people doing it but I’m not sure how recommended it is.

3 Likes

Ocean forest and RO water will be your friend. OF soil has a lot of perlite.
I personally start my autos in their forever home, but that doesn’t mean starting in smaller is wrong. You just need to find what works best for you in your situation.

I water small amounts for about 2-3weeks letting the dryer soil absorb any extra as a safety net.

You won’t need to water to runoff until you start feeding synthetic nutrients to avoid buildups.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

I start in seedling containers then transplant straight to forever home.

3 Likes

I have OF on hand so I’ll mix it with that. I’ve already found that a strong kick in the beginning can build a nice, resilient plant, even if it takes a little longer to grow. My plants have been through hell for a solid month and bounced back like no problem.

This is from a couple of days ago

6 Likes

I would get that RH down, 69% is fairly high for this growth stage :love_you_gesture:

Noted, I’ll get a dehumidifier asap. Is there any other natural ways to lower humidity without one?

1 Like

Exhaust fan pulling air out of the tent. Do you have circulating fans inside :love_you_gesture:

Yes I have a 10 inch fan blowing towards the bottom of the pots and a 6 inch fan at the top pointed down at the canopy

1 Like

I’ve grown blue gelato 41 a few times now from Barney’s farm. What you want to know?

1 Like

Pretty much just wanna know what conditions your plants responded to best, and what basic things you used (soil, nutes, pH, PPM, etc)

1 Like

Mine liked mid 70s

Mendo mix from the humboldt company

Ff trio plus the 3 granules open sesame, beastie bloom and cha ching plus molasses

6.5 @ around 1000ppm.

They’re not very large plants but they are very sticky and sweet smelling.

4 Likes

Beautiful brother!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, going right in the book. Seed is due to plant tomorrow, so the journey begins

1 Like

I grew 2 btw. Here they are just before chop

Provides a very unique smoking experience. One came out minty one came out gelato flavored both backed by blueberry

3 Likes

Looks really good brother. I’m excited to see how they turn out. The dispensary weed was killer, two puffs and snuff was all I needed. Still not worth $45 an 1/8 imo lol

2 Likes

@Adrjon99 i cant wait for your first harvest and the bud you grew knocks the dispensary crap outta the park. It was like a spiritual awakening when i smoked the scissor hash off my first harvest.

1 Like

I have high hopes, and it can only get better from here. Thanks for the encouragement

2 Likes

YOU GOT THIS!!

I’ve only been around a few years now, but you will only get better from here! Your ladies look great and you’ll drool when you smoke your own.

You have a reason to make your friends jealous now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like