Need Immediate advice on my first ever DWC grow

Hey guys so this is my first DWC grow and indoor grow. With a set up I have it in it’s own room with a air conditioner for it’s own temp in that room I keep.it at °67 f i have 4, 5 gallon bubbler bucket system I am using a expanded clay medium with reverse osmosis water all inside a 4x4x6 reflective grow tent. I just started to germinate my seeds and will be planting them in their final pots. I followed a feeding schedule and I added the recommended amounts and I came up to roughly 300 ppm I’ve heard that’s low. My nutes are general hydroponics micro grow and bloom and then some mag cal. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong any ideas? Nutrient guides?

2 Likes

I am also growing GIRL scout cookies autoflower.
Can anyone give me a guide?

1 Like

@Johnnyhempseed that low ppm is just fine for seedlings, I normally start my seedlings around 200ppm. Keep it low it’s easy add more. Less ppm more water she will drink up in general too.

2 Likes

When I start my grow in hydro I only have 180 to 220 ppm.

Are you gonna use a starter plug with seed first ? Best to do that and let it build some roots.

2 Likes

Here’s some general advice: ditch the buckets for totes. Rez liquid needs to be 1 1/2 to 2" below net pots which means each bucket contains around 3.5 gallons. In late veg into flower you will be refilling daily. PH will be completely out of whack. You will end up hating it.

Get a chiller. You can mickey mouse and MacGyver a way to keep rez cool but nothing else works.

Look at RDWC instead and NOW you have a standalone system that will run for more than a week without your help.

Before going too far, look at autopots.

Good luck.

3 Likes