Need help with worm & composing

i need a web-site , to ask about composing with worms , the do and don’ts , i have been doing it for 2 years , but am i doing it right , thank you all for your help , vern

I buy my worms from Uncle Jim’s Worm Farm and he has a bunch of good info on there.

i get mine from him to , but you can’t ask ? , wish you could , i send them e-mails they do get bake to me ,
but need more info

His FAQ section and Organic Farmer section of his website are pretty informative.

Is there something specific you want to know?

2 Likes

I live in Montana I am trying too start a worm farm would it be ok to use night crawler that are in my yard instead of buying them from someone else thanks in advance

yes dig them up , i live in the desert no worms , your lucky to have them in your yard , but they say the red worms are best , i have both , night crowers , go deaper reds stay close to the top of soil
, i dont know what i am doing , but been doing it for 2 years , and the soil is the shit my plants love the stuff ,lf i can help in anyway let me know , they love to eat dan near everything , no meat or milk or stuff made with it , horse shit , table scraps cardbord you plants will love the stuff

1 Like

i gust got a tote 250 gallons , panted it dark red , cut a 3x3 hole in the side and made a little door , so i can put stuff it , & take stuff out , put 6 inch leach line on the bottom , cut to the size of the tote lined the hole bottom , put a old rope rug on top of the leach line , them hay about 3 inch thick , then some soil cardbord , and table scraps , when you see it drop down some , time for a nother layer , just keep working up ,hope this help a little .

1 Like

I couldn’t give this away so it is my worm home now I have some organic pot soil and compost grass clippings veggies and I’m going to catch me some night crawlers tonight thanks and I will probably if you don’t care pick your brain a little bit on using the soil if possible thanks

like i said , i don’t know much , but a little ,lol

1 Like

Thank you this is my first indoor grow first time in 20 + years and it’s totally different for me. So should I put the potting soil and the compost in the container with the gras clippings

i let mine stay in compose bin , and brake down for a year , then do a test to see what in the soil , all kinds , like rapid test kit , e-z to use - then mix pelite about 30% with soil , and start growing

1 Like

I just caught 150 night crawlers and put them in the bin I will go out in about another hour and a half and catch 150 more this time next year I should have some great dirt

you will have some of the best soil , better than buying dirt , lol , worm casting is some of the best

1 Like

yes in layers , grass , cardboard, some soil , i use last years soil , and table scraps , then in a mo. one more layer

1 Like

I’m already excited about it

1 Like

if you go to uncle jims worm . com … there is some good info , on all kinds of worms , were you at you don’t need to buy , but his site has good info

1 Like

Thank you I have been reading from they’re site

1 Like