Need help with twisting leaves

My 2 autoflowers are about 4 and a half weeks old now and are starting to flower but the leaves have been twisting for the last 2 weeks any clue why?
Also I just started some new photo period plants and the seedlings leaves are twisting as well. I’m growing in ocean Forrest fox farms soil with about 20 percent perlite running a solarsystem 550 and my plants seem healthy other than the twisting. Tempature are from 78 during the day to 72 at night keeping the rh around 55%.

Pictures in natural light please. You can’t see anything under the blurple.

I will as soon as I get home thanks!

Twisting leaves can be an early sign of calcium deficiency, heat issues, light issues, water issues, etc.
Watch those big water droplets left on the leaves, too, as they can cause weird leaf spots.

We’ll need a bit more info about your grow to help you diagnose your plants.

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Ok so here is everything I’m doing
Soil:ocean Forrest fox farms soil
Water ph: 6.5
Seeds: ilgm blueberry autoflower and northern lights auto(the autos are my two bigger plants ) smaller plants are all feminized seeds photo period from a reliable source
Ppm: has been from 150 to 200 because I’m barely using any nutrients due to them being autoflowers grown in soil
Light: California light works ss550 with controller 3x3 tent
Age: bigger plants are 4.5 weeks old small are just at 7 days
Pots:one is 5 gallon fabric and one is about 2 gallon plastic with a lot of holes drilled in it
Indoor grow
Rh is 55% durring day and night

1 Like

Temps are from 78 daytime to 72 night

Narrow, twisting leaves is a sign of nitrogen excess. You may want to consider a flush as FF calls out flushing at regular intervals throughout the grow. To do this properly you need a decent TDS meter and monitor runoff. A flushing agent can help.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 thanks for the help I actually kinda self diagnosed it with too much nitrogen myself .So the last water I used plain water ph at 6.5 and will do so for the next few waterings and see if it helps thanks again!

If you haven’t flushed, and you haven’t measured runoff TDS you are asking for problems FYI. As I said before: FF recommends flushes throughout the grow.

1 Like

I have only given the plants nutrients once because I didn’t see any deficiencies just wanted to try to give them a boost. What are you referring to when you say FF? I Just gave them nutrients like last week for the first time I’m using general hydroponics liquid nutrients which contains nitrogen. Could that have been what made them twist like this? What should the ppm be on my runoff I will test it on the next watering.

If you’re still using ff grow big, stop. Mine are doing the same and I realized I was over doing the nitrogen in flower.

m mm

Should I be concerned with leaves twisting? I’m growing in FF also they are 12 days old today. I’ve used Great White Mycorrhizae for my roots and I also used Fish Shit Organic Soil Conditioner but went really lite on both. My PH goes in at 6.2 and my run off is at 6.8. My temp runs from 75 to 82 and my humidity ranges from 65 to 73. I’m running 200w LED 24 inches from my plants. Other then the slight twisting they look healthy to me… Any input would be much appreciated! Again I could just be being paranoid…

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM forum. Don’t worry about a little twisting. Your girls look great, healthy. If they continue to worsen plenty of folks here to help out. Obviously just keep a eye on them and keep us updated if problem worsens. :+1:

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts Awesome! Sounds good and thank you for the warm welcome and the positive feedback I appreciate it!

1 Like

Always happy to see new members, stick around and spend some time with us. Check out some journals and join the party :partying_face:

1 Like

@Bulldognuts Hey question unrelated to the twisting, that corrected itself on its own. They are 21 days old today and I LST them last night and I was wondering should I trim the fan leaves that keep falling over the middle growth or should I just keep moving them until the middle growth shoots above them? They just keep falling back over and blocking the middle growth from direct light?

1 Like

I basically just tuck larger fan leaves under. I try to do it right after lights on and again during the day as often as possible.

1 Like

Awesome thank you! I tied the ones I could away from blocking the middle growth and tucked the others under as best I could I’ll keep adjusting them as need be. I appreciate the help!

@Bulldognuts Hey I just wanted to show you and update of my girls since we last spoke! I’m on week 8 of Veg and I’ve kept them LST and I’ve topped them twice and pruned any undergrowth that wasn’t really going to produce anything. They have just started to pre flower so I’m planning on running one more full week so 9 weeks Veg then I’m going to prune any new undergrowth and shape them up nice throw a scrog net just above them and switch over to flower and let them stretch! Just wanted to thank you again for your help and share my progress!

3 Likes