Need help with these gifted photo clones, not doing well

I’m originally from Michigan, moved here in 75. But more roots here now than there.

1 Like

Replanted, and trimmed!

Looking so much better already.

Maybe they’ll survive!!!

4 Likes

Much better @Beltana good job! They will survive :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you!

I’m pretty thrilled to realize that they might actually survive. Even though I wasn’t really planning on having these photos introduced into my first grow, it will be fun to learn about growing two different kinds of plants, (and four different strains) in two different kinds of mediums, at the same time!

Lol. :grin::grin::grin::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::flushed::flushed::flushed:

What HAVE I gotten myself into.

I know @imSICKkid will probably kick my a**, but hey, live and learn… & this is the only solution I could come up with until I get my coco and Jack’s in a few days. (Sick… I ordered the cana coco bricks & the Jack’s 321 as you advised, and am psyched to learn about growing in them, but they won’t be here for a while yet and wanted to make sure these :point_up: didn’t die on me. They needed some food, like, yesterday!)

I’ll be able to transplant these into their final pots with the coco though, ultimately, yes? I’m hearing that combining mediums is okay, when needed, but I eventually want to have these in pretty much straight coco. Listening and learning, from so many of you.

Here’s a couple of quick update pix on both my photos and my autos… this morning! Both sets seem to be doing great!

Time to finally go get a haircut today, for the first time in a year, then back to work on the tent, tonight. Got my AC Infinity setup delivered yesterday, a timer, some better ratchet straps, and a humidifier, just in case, my Apera ph meter, (which I need to figure out how to calibrate and use) plus some pretty beefy extention cords for my new lights that I just built. So… I’ve got some major installing, rearranging and tidying up work to do this evening.

(Plus, maybe a dram of scotch later, to celebrate.)

@dbrn32

I can use extention cords with these light panels, right? I think plugging them all in the same room might cause some issues, if what someone said in that earlier “best lights 4X8” thread is correct about being wary of too much electrical usage. The plan is to have one light and the AC fan/filter/extra fans etc. plugged into the wall in the main grow room, and then direct the other two lights to the next room. (If that’s gonna be a concern. I guess I’ll see, when I try to light them all up.) So far, I’ve only got the first light on, at half dimmed.

It’s gonna be lit up like a party in there, eventually, when all three are on!

:sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

Nice, sunny day here today in SoMo!

Stay green!

:seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling:
:seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling:

1 Like

Autos (GSCE, GG, & BB)

Photos (LSD)

4 Likes

You can use extension cord, just try to use heavy guage outdoor style cord. And no longer than you need. What you absolutely don’t want is a light duty indoor cord wrapped in a large coil or anything of the sort.

Using two circuits is what I would do. In a perfect world, you would have two 20 amp circuits that you could use strictly for your grow tent. Then do your best to split load on each up evenly.

Sounds like this would be well deserved, things are coming together nicely! I will probably have one or three on your behalf when I get home as well.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

Yep, I’ve got these guys here…

…and some zip ties, too, in case things should get… unruly.

Talked with a family member last night about the electrician who wired this place up, and was told that he did a pretty fantastic job of doing it, with a lot of dedicated wiring within the outlets, (supposedly) and that it “shouldn’t” be a problem. (My mom was an artist in her active day, so the guy wired up a LOT of outlets and even a place for a sink up here for later, if I wanted to put one in!)

And oh… I’m on well water, so that’s another thing, but it seems to be doing well for the plants so far.

So I’m going to (maybe??) try it both ways (if need be?) and see what works best. We’ll see! The worst thing it could do if I try to plug everything into the same room (but in different outlets, of course) is trip the breaker to that room, right? I’d rather not have cords taped down to the floor up here everywhere, going to different rooms, but will def do it if that’s what needs to be done. I don’t even need the other two lights yet, it seems like… but will, eventually. Might as well get them ready. Anyhow, I’m here and listening in for any advice, if offered!

Going to be working on my tent and the room all day today, and am going to start using the other thread (my first grow thread, “Bel’s Babies”) to ask questions if I have them, and keep everything more organized in my head from here on out.

I’ll tag you and the others, if I run into any questions, if that’s okay with you! Getting my move on!

@AAA tagging you too, just in case. Hope you don’t mind. Will be tagging some others in the grow thread as well.

1 Like

I would have probably bought the 12 awg cords, but just keep an eye on how you load them.

Depending on how your breakers are labeled, you could try turning each off and then plugging a lamp or something into each receptacle. It’s basically the same i would do, except I would likely use a voltage detector.

If I may add another “pro tip”, tie that power strip off to one of your tent poles or something. You want to keep electrical stuff off the floor if possible.

4 Likes

Okay thanks!!!

I’m on it.

1 Like

So!

I got the humidifier and ac infinity fan all set up and running. The humidity in there is much better now (thanks! It’s around 30-40% now, better than the low 20"s-30’s that it was… still not perfect, but it’s getting there).

That said, I just had someone tell me that he “would highly recommend against” a humidifier in there at all, because of the possibility of mold issues.

(Wait what?)

So… I’m going to poke around on the threads in here, starting with asking you, and then a few others, and see what people say. What sayeth you? I’m not sure how to feel about this. Lol.

Anyhow, I wanted to thank you for that info :point_up::point_up::point_up: from earlier. It really does seem to be helping the plants. It’s staying in there for now at least.

@Beltana Go Cardinals, opening day!

First you have the exhaust fan, so air will circulate and mold won’t have a good chance to form.

Mold isn’t an issue till you flower. It will cause bud rot. But again, you have air circulation.

In seedling/clone stage you want 80-90%
Veg 70%
Flowering you will drop to 40-50%. So then your humidifier won’t be needed.

I would only have the humidifier when dealing with clones. They don’t have roots, so only way to take in moisture is via their leafs. So unless you can be there around the clock to spray them, you need humidifier unless its august in Missouri and your in a shed lol. Seedlings should be in a dome, so you can maintain humidity that way.

1 Like

Really depends on type of humidifier and how it’s used. You are necessarily going to have an issue with mold because you use a humidifier. Plenty of people have mold issues without using them. So more an issue about conditions than equipment.

1 Like

Okay thanks.

Welp… I don’t know that they are technically “seedlings” anymore, they are growing pretty fast. The autos look like this:

The photos look like this:

So they may be a little big to “dome.”

The probe is thus:

And the humidifier; just your basic Vick’s filter-less humidifier from WM… using distilled water and a cleaning fish:

It’s been running pretty much non-stop for three days, and the humidity still hasn’t gotten above 49%. I have no idea on earth how I’d get it up to a full 90% in there. I did just close all of the vents on the bottom, except for the one on the opposite side of the tent from the fan. Maybe that will help raise it a bit more.

But no spraying the leaves, directly, right? Or is that a thing that you just can’t do when the lights are on?

1 Like

:parrot::parrot::parrot: (:point_left::point_left::point_left: closest thing I could find to a Cardinal. Lol. Go Cardinals!)

And should I be re-potting these autos soon? Not sure if they’re quite ready.

Autos not my thing, but they are looking like they are big enough to transplant whenever you are ready.

I try not to spray my plants ever, especially when flowering. If I find it necessary I try to do right at lights out.

Imo best way yo control humidity is to have large enough units to get room your tent is in up/down to desired level. Then let tent fans do the rest. You’re not gonna do that to 90% rh, so don’t sweat it.

1 Like

Okay thank you.

1 Like

Leaf spray comment specific to unrooted clones which I believe was original question

1 Like

I didn’t see rooting clones, sorry if I missed them. Seedlings are different story, don’t really need that high of humidity even though a lot of people run them high. Definitely no Seedlings in pics above. Those plants have multiple nodes, mature leaves and pistils.

1 Like

No I think I owe apology. I think I saw a cut leaf or an angle an presumed they were cuts that hadn’t rooted. Either way looks like things are better :+1:

2 Likes