Need help with possible pest infestation or disease

Hi guys I’m really worried here. I think it might be a broad mite infestation But I’m not sure there are some things that don’t match up. Please someone help me identify this issue with my plants… here are some pictures.

2 Likes

Here’s a pic of the whole room.

1 Like

Not sure from the pictures but it looks like an infestation allright.Tag an experienced grower, like @kellydans

1 Like

your plants look good, I think you’re on top of it and correct looks like mites just gettin started. I guess I’ve been lucky I’ve never had a Mite problem. @Oldguy what would you use to rid the problem .

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag @kellydans.
Capt jacks dead bug should take care of things. ( Spinosad )
Have to spray every 3-4 days to get the eggs.
Takes that time for them to hatch.
Should spray the backs of the leaves too.
You can also use 3% peroxide and water mix to spray with as well. 50/50 mix. In between the capt jacks sprays.
Hope you get them lil buggers. Had them before. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
:v::pray:

5 Likes

Also some backstory here… The strain is LA confidential feminized. I messed up and transplanted into too big of pots and they were over-watered until just recently. They also have had some highs during the day getting towards 89 to 92° for a week or so until I got a better thermometer and figured out my other one was broken. They also were in low humidity around 25 to 30rh for the first few weeks of their lives until I got a humidifier and hung up some towels. I use most of the Fox farm nutrients and for soil I use ocean Forest that I’m pretty sure I bought after a few frosts during the winter and was kept outside the store. I mention that because I know broad mites aren’t supposed to survive cold winters. I am now looking at some pictures of heat stress and it looks pretty similar. And I’m pretty new to this forum can someone else tag some experienced growers that they know of? Greatly appreciated everyone thank you. And am I correct and assuming it is broad mites you think? If so I’m reading a lot of scary stuff about them and how hard they are to get rid of. Is it even worth it to try? Or did you say screw it for the three and a half weeks and kill them and pop more

@Countryboyjvd1971
@Covertgrower
@Noctis420
@MrPeat
@kellydans
@Myfriends410
@Hellraiser
@CoyoteCody
@garrigan62
@Dman1969
Hey everybody sorry to bother you but I’m scared for my children can I please have some help? I’ve been reading up and it looks similar to some pH issues and heat stress and there’s also way too many different pests for me to figure out. Thank you everyone

1 Like

@Enlightened420
@flyinghigh
@Gremmall
@Hoppiefrog
@imSICKkid
@Jstar
@Mmchugh42
@Poseidon
@Watt-Sun

1 Like

Have you confirmed that there are mites present? It looks to me like mechanical damage and the leaf curl caused by the leafs being crowded.

3 Likes

I second captain jacks. Infestation or not, it’s a completely safe product even to use as a preventative measure. Do you happen to have a fan blowing directly on them? @Deesnuts

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m not seeing any bug problem. Just the leaf blades being so close together causing some warping.

2 Likes

I agree with all the above. But you had at least one bug.

But that’s the only spot I see so I think your good unless you see more. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I have not confirmed any mites and I have tried. For a while. I planted from seed so there’s no way for me to bring it in on another plant and I don’t have any other kinds of plants. The soil I used was sitting out in the cold and a lot of pests don’t like that too. are you sure that damage could just because from leaves being too close together that’s very interesting honestly I would never have thought that. Are you sure it’s not something like heat stress or a pH issue. I’m seeing some early signs on heat stressed plants that look similar and also plants with high pH. Although I don’t see how a high pH issue would happen seeing as my water sits at a pH of 7 and gets lowered to 6.6 after nutrients and also I usually adjust when using regular water but I suppose it’s possible the new vivo sun pH tester I bought and calibrated it isn’t working right

My opinion as well. I spray my plants in veg every 2 weeks as part of my pest prevention program and never have pests other than fungus gnats that don’t give a F about any pest prevention program.

8 Likes

Yeah I think I will do that thanks for the info guys. Now I have read that some pesticides including neem oil can be damaging to plants if used too much. Will spraying in veg cause any damage or loss of quality to my buds? Also I am now seeing what you guys are talking about with the leaves being too close together and they could just rub in the wind or whatever. Is there anything I should do to alleviate that issue or is it not really a problem? Thank you everyone so much you have put my anxious mind at ease

3 Likes

Neem oil is fine in veg, I’ve been using it for years, but don’t use it in flowering, any bug problems in flowering go for the Capt Jacks or another spinosad based product.

2 Likes

Food grade DE will do the trick on that little bug. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Make sure there’s not too much wind hitting that area.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Hellraiser @Dman1969 @BobbyDigital @Jstar @Watt-Sun @Weedlover1 @Oldguy @kellydans.

5 Likes

True, but I absolutely hate using DE, the stuff gets everywhere, I can taste it after using it.

4 Likes