Need help with nutrient deficiency

I am currently growing 5 white widows. They are in week 5. A couple of the plants are showing yellowing at the new foliage. They are in sunshine mix #4. I have a ph meter but it is the kind that teats soil so I’m not sure how accurate it is. PH around 6.8. Looks like sulfur deficiency to me but I guess could be nitrogen.
Anyone have any idea? This is only my 2nd year growing so am still new and didn’t have any issues last grow. Although I added chicken manure into the soil last grow.

Sulfur deficient, sulfur always starts from the insides of the leaf moving outward also stunting or deforming new growth

4 Likes

Awesome! Thank you.
That’s what I was thinking but figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I watered this morning with a little epsom salt and will continue to do so until I see some improvement. A little at a time as I have read sulfur is a slow mover so I don’t want to over do it and give it too much.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Epsom salt is a magnesium supplement

2 Likes

I used epsom salt based off from the info in this article written by Robert Bergman.

4 Likes

(Magnesium Sulfate) Epsom salt :wink: yes most often used for Mag issues but is also sulfate (sulfer)

2 Likes

I know…I just wanted to state that it was also a magnesium supplement wasn’t saying he was wrong or that it was only magnesium :smile:

Wasn’t a jab since I have caught shit for suggesting it’s use in the past and it is important that one of us notes if you are using Epsom don’t use other Cal supplements. Didn’t want to step on your toes I am just glad to see members putting in the work to solve problems while asking for confirmation they are on the right track.

1 Like

@Jmesser80

i’m just throwing v3

Solution to fixing a Sulfur deficiency
Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Epsom salts per gallon of water until condition improves.
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Sulfur in them will fix a Sulfur deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other sulfur nutrient supplements are: Rain water, Ammonium Thiosulfate, which is all fast absorption. Garden Sulfur, Sulfate of Potash, Gypsum.
Note: Caution when using gypsum to an already acid soil (pH that is less than 5.5) can have a very bad effect on different types of plants by affecting the absorption of soil aluminum, which is poison to plant roots.

Be Safe
Will