Need Help with new plant

Beginner! I swear I only put one seed! And a week later there’s two! Germination is processing beautifully, however when I plant them do I separate or keep together?

6 Likes

Looks like they are just touching? Try gently separating them and plant them in separate pots @GoddessGrowerr don’t let those roots see too much light, they don’t like that much!

2 Likes

Yes sir thank you! I just uncovered for the picture. Do you mind walking me through what soil. I read some of your forums but still cloudy on which one to get. Thank you. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yeah it looks like 2 different seeds to me.
I wouldn’t get them planted quickly as bob mentioned the roots don’t like to see light and you don’t want the tap root getting to big as it is easier to break them off when they get bigger.

3 Likes

Hi @GoddessGrowerr sort of depends on your location? What country and if in the us which region?

BTW welcome to the forums! I just saw that you are very new here, You will be limited on posts and so I don’t hold you up, if you can find Fox Farms Happy Frog soil in your area, that is a good soil to use. Otherwise an organic soil with perlite mixed in is a good choice as well.

Please don’t buy anything with fertilizer in it (Miracle Gro) as we have had quite a few issues with starting out in that type of soil. However, if that is all you can find, look for the cactus mix as it is about the closest to what cannabis needs.

Read some on the forum and like some posts and you will get more access soon!

5 Likes

They’ve been in the container for about 2 weeks when do you suggest to transport into pot? When it gets bigger?

3 Likes

they are ready now. They only need a tail about 1/8 of an inch long @GoddessGrowerr

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m really enjoying this group, very supportive and responsive. Yes located in the US. South Region. I’ll research and shop around for those soils you mentioned. Very helpful if you have any other tips that you may think will help please let me know. And I will be reading more forum as well :smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! Super excited!

2 Likes

@GoddessGrowerr do a search for hydro stores near you to find Fox Farm soils. I couldn’t find it anywhere until I searched for it that way. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Do you have the grow bible? Lots of good info @GoddessGrowerr

Grow Bible Download

Book 1:

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/wp-content/uploads/guides/Ilovegrowingmarijuana.com-grow-bible.pdf

Book 2:

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/wp-content/uploads/guides/Ilovegrowingmarijuana.com-plantcare-guide.pdf

There are also a ton of guides

What seeds are you growing?

Southern US you should be able to find some decent soils at one of the box stores or check your local nursery

3 Likes

I usually transplant mine when the taproot is about 1/8 - 1/4” long. I typically am ready to transplant after about 24-36 hours using the paper towel method to germinate.

Yes this in my opinion is the best site around for help growing cannabis. I’ve been a member of the group for a while now and everyone is willing to help and no one looks down on anyone. We are all here to help one another out to strive for a common goal of growing healthy cannabis plants.
Don’t hesitate to ask any questions along the way, the only dumb questions are the ones that are not asked. :+1:
Happy growing

3 Likes

Well said @Jmesser80

3 Likes

Thank you I needed these!

2 Likes

Consider yourself weed blessed & put your girls in a home. Welcome! Growing is addicting but youll have so much fun. Plus everyone here is willing to help without being condescending. Seeds are great, forum, mentors & volunteers are great. Add experienced growers in mix, we all have good harvests & Happy Growing! :herb:

4 Likes

I hope I got the correct one

4 Likes

I’m having so much fun already

4 Likes

thats the right stuff @GoddessGrowerr

dont forget to tag!

Are we having fun now???