Need help with identifying a problem with my autoflower

Anyone know why my leaves are curling like this? Im not sure if its overwatered or another issue as ive been careful on how much water i give her been waiting for the first 2 inchs or so to be dry but maybe that is not enough and the soil is still saturated in the middle, any advise would be appreciated the plant is also on ite 22nd day above the ground

1 Like

Significant drooping is normal around watering time or lights on/off. That said, curling under is often the result of improper pH. Do you know your runoff pH and PPM values?

2 Likes

I havent been watering till run off, but i have had a issue were my ph pen was off by a few points a week ago so im thinking your right with the ph issue and maybe next watering i water till run off and test it to see what the ph is

:point_up_2: @Kushface4201 what I’m thinking as well :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I see you have had problems with the calibration of your PH pen. If it is a visosun, throw it away and get a reliable one. Apena is highly recommended by several growers here. But with any, calibration is key. Plants look good, and correcting the issue should be fairly simple. Get calibration right, and that should make a lot of difference.
Happy growing!

3 Likes

Here is a cheap alternative, because I use organic soil, ph can be fairly forgiving, so I have some cheap ph strips. I also have a cheap ph meter, but I don’t think it’s accurate. I know if I use a little less than 1/4 tsp of citric acid, it sets my ph to about 6.5, and the ph strips confirm that. The strip stays about unchanged in color which means it’s 6.

2 Likes

Could the forgiveness you describe of organic growing be why the strips are working out for you? All I have read say they and the drops and strips are subject to a persons visual perception of the colors that show the PH. IE if you are slightly color blind to green tints it can affect the color you see on the strip/drop.

Ive used drops, 12 dollar ph pens and a 70 dollar ph pen. My 70 dollar ph pen hasnt needed to be calibrated even 1 time since I bought it a year ago. No drift, takes the temp of the water into account (because temp affects ph also) and gives me a smile :slightly_smiling_face: when the reading is done being taken.
.5 ph in any one direction can mean the difference between a great meal and tablescraps for your lady you wanna get a ph meter of mid to high quality. Apera and Bluelabs are two of the best brands available. Apera ph20 is about 50 bucks on amazon. Many here on the boards use this pen.

3 Likes

Thats why growing outside in the ground nobody needs to check pH. Ecosystem in soil with natural microbes and everything in the dirt it adjusts the pH naturally. A good organic grow with live soil will be similar . The soil itself will adjust the pH within reason. You cant pour battery acid on it and hope it adjusts, but you get the idea. Test strips would be accurate enough for living soils in most cases.

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone that has given me advise i has since tested the soils ph with a soil tester kit from my local store and its looking like its around the 7.5-8 range not sure on the accuracy of this kit

1 Like

Those cheap pH meters go out of calibration without warning. I didn’t realize mine was gradually dropping until I found out too late I was falsely adjusting to 5.4 pH!!

I threw my cheap junk one out and bought a Apera and it’s great now. Well worth the money.

And by the way, still using my tap water at 8.5 pH… when I switched to Jacks, I need ZERO pH Down now to get to 6.5

3 Likes

Yep, I have no problem with ph.

That’s a nice looking girl you’ve got going on there @VirginiaGrowBoy

1 Like

I never check mine and plants seem happy
Living soil is the bomb :bomb:
A little slow, but good things come to those who wait.
Omg :flushed: I’m an old person with the platitudes :grimacing:

2 Likes

@Beck

Thank you!

This was the seed that I didn’t give up on but had to basically pull it out and replant the root. Thought she was a Goner!

But she survived and I brought her outdoors onto the deck in late spring and she has since flourished.

2 Likes

Well done! It pays not to just give up on one :green_heart:

1 Like