Need help with gaia green amendments

Anyone have experience with Gaia green fertilizer? Im running 7 gallon fabric pot’s bottom half strawberry fields top half 50% HF and 50% OF. i know OF has enough nutrients for 30 days my question is when would you start adding Gaia green because i know it takes a week or two to break down for the plants to uptake and receive.

1 Like

Just don’t want to add to early and don’t want to add to late :upside_down_face:

1 Like

With just the blend of fox farms soils you have in a 7 gallon pot easily 4 to 6 weeks at that point you’d be looking to flip to flower depending on your veg times and with organic amendments its best to add early than to late due to them needing time to break down

1 Like

Depends on what specifically you have.

Like mentioned above, guano, compost, frass like amendments need to break down to be effective. But you dont want to nuke your plants.

What all do you have from Gaia?

3 Likes

Starting with 444

Id treat that more as a regular nute. No need to plan for slow release.

You also may want to get more specialized NPK ratios. Growing I usually need to tinker with different amounts of each at different stages. More Nitrogen in veg, more Phosphorus and Potassium in flower. Its possible Gaia has found a sweet spot like Jacks 321 but I prefer to tinker.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like