Need help with flavor?

I have done a few runs so far a sour diesel mac n jack and just harvested a memberberry now my problem is and it doesnt seem like anyone has it the buds will look good smell good but soon as fire hits it it taste like burning plant matter i guess would be the best way to describe it the sd and mnj were dried fairly fast and did not have much moisture left during cure
I may be drying it to fast i finally have a room that is 60% humidity that the memeber berry is in rn my qiestion is am i drying to fast? Is that the amswer to my problem cause ive seen people say taste and smell would be grassy but the smells are on point and how they look which is whats driving me nuts please someone help lmao

2 Likes

I usually do 60 degrees at 60% rh if I’m going to dry trim…If I wet trim I do 60 degrees and 65% humidity. Drying this way should take about 10 days +/-. I recommend Grove bags for the curre. I put them in a little wetter than I would with jars and the bags do their thing. A slow dry and a proper cure are the best way to have the best tasting smoke from what you harvest.

6 Likes

How is the potency, strong enough buzz or wha :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash:

How long did the dry take? How long have you let them cure?

Even when my plants dry in 4 or 5 days, they still come out tasting great. The secret? I let them sit in a jar for a month minimum to cure. Even had to buy an ounce of dispo weed to hold me over last summer! Burping jars should take a week or 2, then seal them up. I’m smoking jars now from Aug 15th chop.

4 Likes

Did you flush them , straight water, for last two weeks? I’ve had plants with that taste before.

1 Like

Sounds like improper dry/cure. In a perfect world you want to buds to slowly release moisture. If they get too dry or not allowed to off gas this is typical result.

7 Likes

Yes they were getting plain water for 3-5 weeks

1 Like

Thank you im hoping thats what it is everything else i feel like ive done right

1 Like

There are some other factors: temperature in the grow space, genetics, drying etc. A lot of growers add Epsom for the sulfur in the last few weeks of flower for terpene production. Any one of these can play into a crop that is not very flavorful.

3 Likes

You should get a slower dry at 60% RH. A wood moisture meter ($10 at harbor freight) will keep you from over drying. When the stems read 12% on the meter it’s time to trim and cure. You won’t find an easier way to cure than grove bags. They’re cheap if you get them from grovebags(dot)com. You get $10 off for signing up for emails.

If you do over dry you can put a lettuce leaf, piece of apple peel or something in a jar with the buds to add moisture back in. I’ve had to do this with bags I’ve bought in the past. Try it with some of the not so good tasting buds you have and see if it helps with the harshness.

3 Likes

Got the grove bags we are a week in so far so good my moisture reader is reading 66% in the bag should i air them out or jist let it go thank you

1 Like

I usually give them a 1 hour burp if it gets above 65% and still climbing…if it stablizes I leave it. Most rh devices have a lot of error

2 Likes

We are now day 10 in the grove bags humidty dropped to 63% when do you think i should try it 2-4 weeks or when the humidty hits 58-62%?

I consider it ready in 2 months.

2 Likes

I lnow we said 2 months call it done but of course i cant help myself i grinded a nug up (stil la little wet imo) still using grove bag anyway rolled up a nug in a raw paper and still taste like plant matter lmao stoned as hell and stinks up the block i really hope it starts to taste like it smells over the next 30 ish days

2 Likes

Feel for you , i think i did the same thing on my fist grow, it will get better. About to finsh my second grow , try agin good luck.

1 Like

sorry to hear you’re problems i am on grow 7 and still having same issue. ive done what everyone says and not one of them has worked yet. good luck and ket us know if u ever figure it out
keep teying😎