Need help with choosing equipment

@Hemp liquid reagent for ph is my favorite way and fool proof way to me to check… the chemical reaction for color chart won’t lie like a low battery in a ph pen… I have been using ph liquid reagent along side of my ph pen for 2 years before I dropped the pen and just stuck with the reagent …it hasent failed me yet

2 Likes

The problem I have with them. Is the same thing you said. I couldn’t count on the pen work 100% like it should. Still had to use both. Pens always get dirty or something. No matter how close you where you still used the liquid. That’s why when asked I don’t use them. you were having a check your calibration on everything all the time with strips liquid or even a pen nothing was ever 100% accurate. Using room is almost like testing the hard water every time. They take a buildup of calcium and salt and everything else. In my opinion I’m like you are I really don’t trust them

1 Like

My ph pen worked that’s the funny part …it just never sat on one number and fluctuated .01s but it took a while to get to that point it still didn’t seem like it was steady and the reagent worked instantly … I got to point I wasent needing to pour out a lil in a separate cup and then drip some reagent I put one drop right in the whole mix and just look for the quick dissipating color and that’s ut

1 Like

I think the biggest problem was where I was at we had hard water. One place I was at in Dillion area we would get it from the river. We use water purification systems like black diamond. They always stayed clogged up this was years ago I just started back in September. It always seem like you had to use all three. The liquid the strips and the meter. It was a lot of testing. I use a 55 gallon drum. I keep it aerated also add some stuff to it microbes so my water looks like it’s got stuff growing in it which in my opinion is good healthy water.

The thing I liked about out west. Was watering. As long as it was warm enough but even in the winter time the air just soaks the water up so much. I didn’t have the humidity problems like I do here. If I go into my room and it’s a little hard for me to breathe then I know my humidity is high. The problem that I am facing is not what I got going on now is what I got to do in the future. I’m really got to up my tech on my equipment. I will probably have to have a dehumidifier all that other stuff I see these guys have. I’ll make sure I’m ready the biggest problem I’m facing is heat. Now I know I’ll be able to control the heat with the air conditioner. I just don’t know if I need to make a room or keep them tents. I kind a like the open area a little bit more than a tent. But if less is better I’m good with that

We had one room with 12 600w going. It was scary. The house we where in was right on the river. Cold. But the heat from the lights kept us. Warm. I not going to say how we got the electricity. I’ll just say my buddy was more of a electrician than I was. Old Sprout. He was sometimes else. The old days

I found something a while ago about storing water… it’s not bad to do but if you are getting green algae in the water its can transfer to sopping wet soil but really no biggie… you can black out your water supply and it won’t grow algea when sitting light allows the algea to bloom… I actually had a 55 gal water supply …( my ro water was so dam slow ) 100 special from home depot GE filters it worked but I felt I pee harder then it would come out… I used the water and used it for clones from the vat… I like my clones in clear cups so I can see roots hitting the walls when they do time for transplant… but the light and green water made my perlite began to green up in my cups

wasent a negative outcome but it would signify that the soil is a lil over watered because when I did it accidentally 2 yrs ago some one told me soil should not be damp enough to harbor algea… who knew … even tho I recycle my soil… recharge it with bacteria and fungi and leave it out in the shade under a tree and when i get to it i get to it… i think that’s where the algea bloom was taking place and i would bring it back into grow room and re use in cloning and it worked just fine but it was greenish I dunno if it lived or died I didn’t have the operation going for more then a few months but no I’ll effects I had same thoughts as u if stuffs growing the water must be pure and free of chlorine , chloramine and ammonium

2 Likes

I had an apartment in the Winter Park area the lights were already mounted in the ceilings and they had circle rings all the way around the room where they ran they cables. This was before the nets where really popular. The new LED lights were out they were air cooled with fans. Some of them had the purple colors we still didn’t really trust them at that time but I do know what I see with the two that I have. We just sitting and understand how to use them we had one. One of the big boys that was around $1500 when they first come out I can’t remember the name of it

Yea purple came and went there advertising was shit they boast 1000 watts everywhere…9 out of 10 weren’t even half of there labeled value and didn’t perform anywhere needed to grow GREAT weed …the cheapes would get you through but not at the level your hoping for …one thing you dont wanna skimp on is light…its the power house of the whole opperation…600hps is probably a better option then most purples and close to the same price u can find em online all day for 100 or less… I had a Frankenstein set up in the begining … I have hps 3x 400s 1x 150 1x 175Metal halide it worked but it was hot as hell… found an investor and bought 4 big hlg 600v2 rspecs… awesome lights 3k$ for 4… then I got him to buy the parts for 4 veg lights and I build them… 4 2x4 frames heat sinks double row Samsung strips 480 watt driver bad asses

couldn’t be happier with my final choice that’s one thing with light by nice or buy twice

3 Likes

On November the 20 I put these clones in dirt. I like the big lights. I just haven’t expected a full grow with leds. One 600w and 1000w hps. The buds are getting big.

You got the nice light. 220? I believe a mirror helps the best, I never seen a woman that didn’t like fixing her hair. Lol

The water is black almost. Is rich. I would strain it and drink it there’s nothing wrong with it there’s no green algae in there. The water itself is clear to be honest with you it comes from my home every time I go see my mom I get several 5 gallon buckets of water from the river the river water is very black and full of life I’ll just add some and let it do it’s thing.

Your budget is fine, but have you tried coming at it based on your needs? You’re leaning toward a single 2’x4’ space, but would you be better served by a continuous grow with a mother and clones? How much dried flower do you need every month? Do you want a single cultivar, or multiple?

2 Likes

Mirrors no good they make prisim effect and refraction and create hot spots in the canopy… like a magnifying glass could burn holes in leaves… yes I went with the big light LEDs definitely have me sold my hlg 600s are 35% more light the hps 1000 at only 600 watts hps de 1000 watts are good at 1.9 umoles/sec and my lights are 2.51 umoles/sec way less heat way more all round light because there full spectrum capable seed to weed… there r specs so they have a high red arc which is ideal for flower also like a 2200 or 2700 hps 1000 …but it dosent lack the blue side like metal halide usually supplements in veg… even tho my flower lights could grow weed my 400s I built are built specifically with vegging in mind at 4000k cct there alot more blue looking to the eye

1 Like

I see what your saying naturally abundant marine life in your river water…I ran my reverse osmosis water into the bin…m u are using the river water that’s black or the tap water is black? Sorry I forgot what you said

1 Like

I haven’t had a problem with my plants drying out or getting too much nitrogen or nutrients. They’ve actually been on water for two weeks now I grow a lot of organic. But true about a 2 x 4 I don’t wanna burn. I haven’t been having those problems leaves burning up the tip yellow. I grew up on a farm that doesn’t mean much but I cannot go by the way the leaves look if they’re pointing up if they’re laying down back in the day we didn’t have no meters we would have to call someone from the University of some kind of agricultural to come out and check our soul.

The water isn’t black it just looks like it it is clear. It looks like some kind of black algae or some kind of growth. I like it I don’t seem to have a problem with it.

1 Like

You ever eaten collar greens they grow best in the sand. I’ve eaten them both I’ve often wonder if adding sand to your soul would help or would it increase salt or something bigger like silica. Corn and weed grows the the same imop

1 Like

I had 8 of these. 4 where gg4 and the other ones a Afghan. I know the guy I got them from. I’m not sure of keeping a mother yet. Because I know I can clone of what ever I have growing. Two died because of over watering. To much organic will cause water draining. The soil turned to honey. No air coming though the soil. It rotted them. Now they are ok . I have two that has to much worm casting in it. Dr. Earth will honey your dirt if not careful. It will also grow mold.

I apologize. Sorry guys.