Need help wit nutes

Good must have nutes for flowering new to growing

Ask a dozen growers get a dozen answers. Pick any that are cannabis friendly and decide if you want to try and stay more organic or not. Lots of choices out there. I started with General Hydroponics 3 part because they’re cheap. But fox farms looks good too. I’d say stick with a simple one for the first grow. Some of them get really complicated with multiple different ingredients.

5 Likes

I use the ILGM nutrients from the seed site. They are expensive though.

1 Like

Gh is a great cheap way to go

1 Like

@Dblaq2121

Or you can try these. I used them and had great results.

https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Nutrients-Bloom-Micro-Grow/dp/B004FYSDFQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1543239140&sr=8-3&keywords=advanced+nutrients+ph+perfect?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

I was told over the weekend that Scott’s bought the GH line from Monsanto. The information they are getting is they plan to discontinue the entire product line.

1 Like

Wow that’s pretty crazy.

Why would they buy it and then discontinue it? Doesn’t make sense unless they are going to rebrand it.

Eliminate the competition.

2 Likes

Might be able to grab up some good deals then.

Scott’s acquired GH in 2015. You’d probably be suprised at how many companies Hawthorne gardening (Scott’s subsidiary) has gobbled up since then. They bought a lighting company, a hydroponics supplier, and other cannabis companies. They think it will be decriminalized or completely legal by 2025. I learned all of this when I was doing my research before I started growing in 2016. I had heard the same thing about them shutting down the GH line and I wasn’t going to start with GH if I had to learn how to use something else in the middle of a grow. I don’t know about now, but I found out it was just a rumor back then.

5 Likes

I’m hoping that it is a rumor because they make a good product.

1 Like

I have read the same thing.

1 Like