Need Help! What does she need?

Hey Everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well!
Ok, please see pics. She is yellowing more and more everyday. I know some yellowing Is normal, but seems excessive. Greens and buds still vibrant.
Specs:
Outdoor grow
Flower Week 4
Current PH: 6.7
Never feed any Nutes, only PH and filter distilled water.
I will feed her whatever she needs, if someone could please assist in helping me diagnose this? And if you need more info can provide that too! Thank you everyone

1 Like

@MrPeat @Myfriendis410 @Hellraiser @Cannabian
Hey guys, y’all have been super helpful.
Can y’all help me here?
The pictures don’t do it true justice, the yellowing looks worse everyday

It could be over or under watering. Also can be a sign of nitrogen deficiency. @Myfriendis410 help please.

1 Like

Thanks @MrPeat
As for watering…I’m in Texas so she drinks quickly obviously. When A finger 2 inches down in the top soil, and my side and bottoms drain holes a finger in those all come out dry I water until I see the damp in the drain holes.
Approx 2 qts of water . Lately it’s been about every 2 day water, occasionally next day watering.
And THANK YOU for helping!
Need to control this quick. I’ll see what the consensus is.

Finger method to me is not a good way to judge if it needs watering. Why? Because the water goes down the pot and out. Water isn’t going from down to up.

I live down South Texas and 22 miles from the Gulf. When I gave my Lemon Haze or Kush she took a full gallon. I will water in one or two days.

Lift the pot when it has been fed water. Then lift when its dry. You will see they weigh way differently.

1 Like

@MrPeat
Ahhhhh ok, reading everything about watering, it seemed the finger method was a good judge.
BUT…I’m taking your word over the internet.
And yes I do def feel the weight difference.
Hell, maybe it is under water.

1 Like

It can be a few things but this is what jumps out at me first. Roots grow down looking for water and not up. Just something to think about till a Pro shows up. Maybe he is at work now.

1 Like

@MrPeat
Understood, yessir not touching her for now lol

1 Like

What soil are you using? Looks hungry, as you’ve said you have not used nutes, I would suspect the soil is running low on nitrogen and possibly other nutrients. If it was my plant, I’d be giving her some complete bloom nutes as it’s a bit early for the yellowing.

2 Likes

Hey @Hellraiser
Hope all is well!
Yes, Kellogs All Natural Garden Soil. Here’s a pic.
Could you suggest a “Complete Bloom Nutrient” feed? Maybe a certain product you like or use?
I would assume I need:
Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium??

1 Like

Something relatively easy to find would be the Fox Farms Trio (Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom) and mix to the appropriate ratio for your stage of growth (week 8 in chart since your at the 4th week of flowering). I’d start with half the dosage listed in the feed chart below.

1 Like

Awesome @Hellraiser!!!
Man, this site is great. I’ll start researching and reading the Feeding, Nutrients, etc Threads and do my research!
Thank you for the detailed reply. Gonna start looking for feed now. Can’t thank you guys enough.
@MrPeat

2 Likes

Actually use 1/4 to 1/3 of the actual dose at first. I use all of the nutrients for my FFOF soil. :+1:

2 Likes

More than likely you are experiencing an N lockout due to out of PH range soil. A slurry test should be done and the soil amended (likely UP) into cannabis growing range.

Overwatering will cause issues as well but IMO should be watering to runoff with that sized plant. Then do the pot-lift method for determining when to water again.

Look up doing a slurry test and if you don’t already; get a digital PH and TDS meter along with calibration and storage solution. They are the most used tools I have in the grow room.

3 Likes

Alright gentlemen @Hellraiser @MrPeat @Myfriendis410
I was able to find the entire trio here in town.
Only took about 2 hours driving back and forth.
She was due for a watering. ( I usually water at the beginning of the light cycle) but felt she needed treatment now.
Thanks to the chart @Hellraiser provided, I made my feed mixture. However, since she’s never been fed, I only used about 25% (total of all 3) of the recommend dosage. Just to bring her in nice and slow. Plus gives me room to Re-feed in another week if she needs a bit more. Got my dates and doses documented as well. Once again, thanks everyone. I will def keep y’all posted on progress.

1 Like

Yessir @Myfriendis410 found a slurry test, run off, ph combo type thing. 4 vials with strips, and grabbed another 10 strips since I will be testing frequently now. Great advice sir!

1 Like