Need help understanding what PH & TDS are telling me please

Well, just a quick update for today. Every one looks great. v:smile: Looks like re watering them stopped the leaves from turning brown again. I will re post monday or tuesday when I have used the Florakleen for a few days and have tried feeding again. I will keep all the other stuff on the page that more or less shows this grow.
I also got a little more good luck. I removed my fan and tested it in the living room. It worked. I took it back and re installed it and it works fine. I now know to turn the controller off before plugging it in. I will keep the new one I ordered as a spare and may possibly use it as a fan for the fresh air intake since it too has a controller.
Looks like you guys did it again. My plants look great. And are growing close to an inch a day now and best of all. I am happy and can feel all the stress has disappeared for now at least. I think I have a little better handle on this now.
Thank you for the help

3 Likes

@Not2SureYet I only feed my plants once a week about 1000 ppm of the GH trio and I haven’t had any issues with nutrients burning them. FloraKleen works great. I use 5ml/gal. just before flower and a week before harvest. I probably use more than I need to because I do a full flush with it. I have 5gal smart pots with really hot soil, so I flush with 15 gallons of 6.5ph water and FloraKleen. With Coco you shouldn’t need to use anywhere near that to get the runoff below 300 ppm

1 Like

@neckNflu Thanks @Myfriendis410, @OldSkunk, I got the FloraKleen and used it. I wasn’t sure if I should have added the cal-mag but I did. 1/2 tsp per gallon. Maybe I don’t need to feed these every other day?
Here are the numbers though. The AK-47 seems to be holding the best numbers ph wise. Now should I use nutes tomorrow at maybe 1/4 strength? Or should I just water or run the FloaraKleen again. The numbers would have been much lower if I didn’t ad the cal mag.

PH           PH OUT          TDS            TDS OUT

GS1 6.0 4.8 213 294
GS2 6.0 4.9 213 345
GS3 6.0 4.9 213 239
AK 5.8 5.6 315 383

1 Like

Thanks. I will try that when I get there.

1 Like

I would feed, and maybe ph a bit high. Hit it with the Florakleen at every straight watering while monitoring as you have. Cal Mag with the feeding. It’s getting better!

3 Likes

I feel like these plants like to torment me. As of right now. The tips of most of the leaves are now turning brown. And at the same time the rest of the leaf is starting to turn a yellowish. So would I be right in I am back to a ph problem?
I got in the tent while it is dark and found I have a flashing red led light from my temp gauge in side the tent. Also a very faint glow from the green light inside my humidifier. I removed the temp gauge and set the humidifier to work with my timer now.Other than that. It is nice and dark in there.

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet maybe you give your plants some Micro-Mix it definitely will not do any harm my friend I do hope it gets sorted out for you :v:

1 Like

Good catch. I found that if I have to have my fans and my humidifier going in my grow room I actually put duct tape over them until the light does not shine through any longer. I even do it with green lights just to be safe. But I heard green is okay to use in the room but I just like to take a precaution and not have any light.
Keep up the good work and enjoy your growing! It will get sorted out any problems you have. I think my @Myfriendis410 @Johnzy81 advice is probably what I would do. Good luck and keep asking any questions you have.

3 Likes

Just though I would do one last quick up date for now. I used the FloraKleen Saturday and today. My ph is headed back up towards good. And with out cal mag, just watering. My TDS run off numbers have dropped under 200. I fed at 1/3 strength yesterday. Plants all looked great this morning. No yellow or brown tips. I used the FloraKleen one more time today to see if I can get my ph run off numbers up just a bit more. I am at 5.2 now. I will try feeding at 1/2 strength tomorrow. Then finish the week off on a normal schedule to see how that goes. I feel great today. Things seem to have turned around for the good. I still don’t see any thing to show the plants sex on the stems.
How ever. I am seeing what looks like to me at least. Like a bunch of little pre flowers on a lot of the leaves now. If I am correct there. it look like all 3 of these are ladies. I guess I will know a little more by the end of the week. As fast as these are growing now. I hope they are in the flower stage. If not I will run out of room before they are done. LOL
Thank you every one for the help. As each days passes. I feel like I have learned a little more and will be able to do this on my own soon. That FloraKleen worked wonders.

I guess I should edit this. Turned out all 3 GS were male. But they all looked good when I cut them down.
The AK-47 is hanging in there and is a female for sure.

2 Likes

Someone tagged me to help in this topic but, I see CountryBoy has it under control :slight_smile:

Happy growing, lw

3 Likes

Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I lost this complete grow. Mostly because all the males. The good is that my new grow is doing great so far. I learned a lot from this one. These guys are great teachers :grin:

1 Like

My well water comes out at 8+pH & .350EC.

1 Like