Need help understanding what PH & TDS are telling me please

Anytime! Glad we could help

2 Likes

Id replant that one soon. Those are decent bags. I have some of that brand. work fine

Coco should be phd at 5.8
@Myfriendis410 can assist you better with the coco @Not2SureYet
Yes salt build up can be a issue as well @Sasquatch sorry buddy i crash early i get up at 220am for work :wink:

3 Likes

Tag me in when you post your numbers? I might have something to offer lol.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 coco ph range is what Exactly ?

1 Like

5.3 to 5.8 is normal.

1 Like

Thanks fir confirming that @Myfriendis410 i new 5.8 was at the top but couldn’t remember the bottom number since i dont use them daily lol

1 Like

Well I think Promix is a better product so no reason to learn coco haha!

1 Like

@Myfriendis410, Well. 3 days counting the day I flushed and the plants still look good. I was nervous feeding today since all 4 are nice and green. I guess tomorrow will tell. I thought 5.5 to 6.5 was normal for coco. I know I want to be at 5.8 if possible.
Here are my numbers for today. I fed at 1/2 strength using the transition period as my guide. I used the good water yesterday and today. My numbers don’t seem to be changing very much. My ph out is still really low. On the up side, I didn’t wake up to a bunch of brown plants. I know it has only been a couple days but before. They seemed to turn brown over night. I still am not getting why my TDS is still almost double coming out, or why my ph is staying so low in the run off. For the first 6 weeks. All my numbers were great.

PH      PH out           TDS       TDS out

GS1 7.3 4.6 397 777

GS2 5.8 4.7 377 730

GS3 7.3 4.5 397 766

AK-47 5.8 5.6 377 667

I have tried over and over to line the numbers up. This keeps changing things as soon as I hit save. Sorry

2 Likes

Coco is funny about retaining salts. It might be that you have a bunch of residual salts coming off of the medium that’s going to require more effort to remove. Perhaps use some FloraKleen or Sledgehammer at the next flush.

There is a product I just heard of that’s basically a liquid lime. That might help to bring up and buffer the ph of your coco as well if nothing else. Sorry; I forgot which line it’s from.

When you do water or feed don’t go very far over the top of the ideal range of your medium which in this case would be 5.5 to 5.8. You could cheat a bit but it’s not ideal long term.

2 Likes

I ordered a bottle of the Florakleen. I will give that a shot. I thought I was being told to up my ph level till I got it in check. I keep hoping to look at the plants and have them show me which will be male or female. I am going to try and hold out till I see before transplanting them if that is ok. They are on day 16 since changing to a 12/12 schedule. I definitely don/t see any little balls but also don’t see any white hairs yet. The plants are growing like weeds now LOL They seem to be adding an inch every couple days. I have been raising the lights almost every other day lately.

1 Like

If you don’t see pistils soon I would suspect a light leak or timer malfunction. Two weeks should have been plenty IMO.

It’s okay to bias your input ph high if you are trying to bring things up but the rule of thumb is not exceed the range of your medium. Remember that every .1 of movement in ph is X10 in actual acidity/alkalinity. So, 5.5 is ten times as acidic as 5.6.

1 Like

@Not2SureYet Seems no one really answered your question. Smart pots are far superior to plastic buckets. They drain better and automatically trim the roots. You can also see when you’re getting too much salt build up from the nutrients and have a good idea when you need a flush. I only use plastic pots until 1st transplant.

2 Likes

@OldSkunk, Thanks. I knew there were supposed to be benefits. I wasn’t aware of just what they were other than breathing better. It may be that some time others have trouble keeping up since I seem to have a new question with each post. The new smart pots will be here tomorrow.
On another note. I just checked on the plants. I fed them about 10am. At 3pm. the tips of the leaves are all ready just startig to turn brown. I re watered heavy to try and rinse out some of the nutes. Looks like I am going to have to just water and forget the nutes for a bit or till they show they need them. Once I get the FloraKleen @Myfriendis410 mentioned, I will start with t right away. I should get it saturday. I can at least say I had 3 trouble free days with these ladies lol What they don’t realize about me is the worse it gets. The harder I try. So even though I may not do so great this round. Come the Blue Dreams turn. I should be much more prepared. And with that. @Dieselgrower, I have a quick question for you :grin: In regards to the B.D. auto you are doing now. Do you happen to know about how tall it was at a month old, at 2 months old and where it is now. I am hoping to keep it in the other room till I have these out of the tent.
Well, dinner has arrived.
Thanks again

3 Likes

Hopefully that will get your tds down and ph up. Once you have, it would be good to get on a regular schedule with coco. It’s a wonderful medium within it’s limitations.

1 Like

@Not2SureYet you can do your auto’s on a 12/12 cycle for sure.

@Countryboyjvd1971 they have went as low as 4.3 and as high as 6.4 putting ph water in at 6.5 in coco but I think that is all sorted CB.

1 Like

Really? If so, or at least for a month in the middle. I would be set. If I could do 18/6 for a month in the closet. Then a month of 12/12 in the tent with the others, Then the last month at 18/6 again if that doesn’t totally screw them up. Or leave the last 2 months on the 12/12. The next round I do will be autos as well. Then I will go back to the regular seeds after that. I would also only have to buy one more light as to 2 that way…

1 Like

I was hoping that might save you some money which is always a good thing lol, and I would just stick to 12/12/ when you switch your auto’s they should already be pre flowering by the time you switch anyway any questions just ask :v:.

Good luck with your grow. I know I always have to fiddle with my pH every time. My tap water is around 7.40 almost every time. Ugh.
You came to the right place though. Listen to the members and the pros they know what they’re doing. Enjoy your grow

1 Like