Need help understanding what PH & TDS are telling me please

Thanks. I had no idea just how bad ours is till I started growing. I just looked at my plants and I can see the tips of a lot of them just starting to turn brown again. :roll_eyes: I am looking at my week by week pictures and all this started on week 6. I will be finishing week 8 this friday.

yea I knowā€¦ I went huh when I saw it. But Iā€™ll be happy about it

1 Like

@Zombo You are very lucky. I have a friend here that used to live just out side of town back in the early eighties. There was so much iron in the well water were she was renting that it turned her blonde hair to orange. She had to have most of it cut off and wait for it to grow back. She didnā€™t live there long after that.

2 Likes

Yes I have a pipe all the way from the creek to my house already in placeā€¦was put there to help fill up poolā€¦200 yards longā€¦

1 Like

Looks like my luck is not ready to change. I am sitting here and realize I donā€™t hear my fan in the tent. Seems it quit. Only 6 days old. Since the seller was slow to respond to my last question. I am guessing it may be a few days before I hear back to see about getting it replaced. If I hear from him tomorrow. odds are i will not get it till next week. I am now looking at getting one from amazon for now since it would be here friday with amazon. I was hoping to use that towards getting a pair of 300w led lights. I have 4 1/2 hours to decide.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m lucky for sure @Not2SureYet having low ppmā€™s is great and ph is in good rangeā€¦ like @Sasquatch waterā€¦

My water is like yours @Sasquatch now if I can get all the other aspects of a grow dialed in, Iā€™ll be :+1:

1 Like

I should bottle thatā€¦ Sasquatch Water rofl%5B1%5D

5 Likes

I donā€™t know if this has any thing to do with any thing. Could any of this be because these may be ready for 6 gallon pots? They are in 3 gal pots right now. I was scrapping little of the top soil to see if these were some what dry. it feels like I am trying to move roots? I took a mirror and can see the roots in the bottom drain holes. I know I went from dixie cups to one gallon pots in about 10 days or so. And then in less than 3 weeks and they were more than ready for the 3 gallon buckets.

1 Like

@Not2SureYetā€¦yes that is some bad luckā€¦but it will get better

S you all !need to know that well water is high in iron. And this will cause other deficiency s as wellā€¦ Iā€™ll have more info later Iā€™m on my tablet right now trying to transfer files. To my what ever you call itā€¦can. Ya tel
Im pissed off. Nothing is working at all.
I may have to go and by windows 10 and redo my computer cause I canā€™t log on and fix any thing

3 Likes

If I move to 5 gallon pots. Are smart pots better to get as to plastic buckets. I see many on here that use them. And are they good for coco coir? I was looking at these. I could have them by friday.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-5-Pack-Thickened-Nonwoven-Handles/dp/B00TF9E6XE?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

NO problems. I appreciate every ones help. This was when my friend lived just out side of town here. I am not sure the house is even there any more. My water is better but I am not sure by how much now. Today was my last day using tap water. I have good water to start tomorrow off with.

you got a point there @Not2SureYet are those autos or photos

@Sasquatch They are all photos. I switched the AK early. I just wanted to get it done. I started 2 Blue Dream autos earlier than I should have. I will be keeping them in the closet I started off with. I didnā€™t realize when I started them that they didnā€™t go on a 12/12 schedual like these. I thought I was going to be able to sneak them in together for a bit. That is why I am looking at getting a pair of 300w lights. I figure I could always use them in the tent too if needed once I get better organized. I have a week to figure that out I hope. I seem to have better luck with the CFL lights. Every time I think I am good to go. I learn more.

1 Like

then yes a 5 gal pot would be good ideaā€¦

thatā€™s what a lot of growers use. I use them

This is absolutely helpful

@Sasquatch Cool, I ordered these. If nothing else they should get me by for this go round. I have been spending so much it is time to slow down. I can always get better ones if that is recommended on the next grow.
I think I am going to feed the plants tomorrow. I see it showing traces of yellow on the upper leaves.
I will post the start and run off tomorrow morning to see if the numbers look ok or close. I will just be doing 1/4 strength. I think I have the ph figured out on how to get me back to where I need. Now I just have to work on understanding the TDS. My chart shows I should be between 1,000 & 1,400 ppm at this point. So If I understood @Countryboyjvd1971 right. If the ppm going in is 700 and run off is 1,000. I would be ok for this feeding even though optimum would be between 1,000 & 1,400?
You guys are doing great. I think I am starting to understand the math here.
I need to thank @MattyBear, @Sirsmokes & @Dieselgrower too. They have been helping me a lot from the beginning. I would probably have 4 dead plants with out there help. This is an awesome community.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071YDV51Y?tag=greenrel-20

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. Iā€™m just glad I could help my friend :v:

2 Likes