Need help trying to find the proper AC unit

Hello All,

Please bear with me as I’m new here. I have a 10x10x6.7 grow tent setup inside a garage that has no windows (it is attached to the home). The grow tent contains 3 tower oscillating fans, 8 in carbon filter with a connected fan, dehumidifier, and 1 spider farmer sf 4000 (I plan to add two more sf 4000 in the coming months). I live in Northern Florida, and currently right now I’m having a heat issue. The temperatures are getting very close to 3 digit temps at the hottest parts of the day. Could someone give me a few ideas on the best AC to install with my setup?

How much plant canopy do you have? Three sf 4000’s not going to flower a whole 10x10 well. If you plan to get there you may as well get ac unit thst will cover what you should have.

That being said, you should probably go with ductless split unit. Not going to be cheap, but will be way more efficient than window or portable unit. In a place like Florida you should see return on investment pretty quickly. You will want to convert all your power consuming devices to btu than probably add about 20% to cover your environmental conditions. Some will just calculate btu and go up to the next half ton.

The good news about going with split unit, they are available in diy packages with lines charged and quick connect fittings. As long as you can wire it there’s no need for hvac tech around your grow.

2 Likes

I just read a couple of these and decided to make a big purchase and get one with the crazy temps in MO and summer coming around the corner and my tents inline fan (6 unch ac infinity) was about maxed out on fan setting (8 out of 10) so i spent about $560 on this whytner ac dual hose unit and could not be happier with the results as soon as 5 minutes after putting in

1 Like

This one claimed to raise your energy bill $139 a year and for my 4x8x6.2 ft its more than enough and cooled it easily within 5 minutes and I saw a dramatic change in temp and humidity levels