Need help think I messed up and did damage to my babies

So next question I have. I pruned all the burned fan leafs and some of the dead leafs under the canopy. Could I trim a node lower and then fill back out in a scrog situation or will that killed them?

These are 2 I grew strictly in that cash crop 4.0 thing absolutely no room not to mention I made every mistake known to mankind and ended up with is.Ughā€¦

2 Likes

Wow I think I still have some pruning to do.

I had to do alotā€¦

Did you germinate seeds before putting them in plug?

Nope just added water to the reservoir waited till the peat was soft then just put a seed directly in.

Thanksā€¦ I canā€™t remember if i germinated the two above or not.:confused:

No problemā€¦Iā€™m glad they did take off and do so well till I neglected them and now trying to fix my mistake when itā€™s almost to late.

So after 14 days; I now have 3 day old flowers starting. And of course my wife is really pissed cause of the money I spent in the last 2 weeks on new nutes, ph tester, tds tester, ph up and down, as well and calibration solution for both testers.

But Iā€™m happy that what I thought was going to be a fail is starting to turn around :grinning:

2 Likes

They tend to get upset as the money goes out. Still cheaper and better than what you can purchase.

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m just hoping to get at least 2 ounces off my 3 plants so that I have enough time to last with I start round 2 and hopefully donā€™t have as problems next go round.

2 Likes

Heh, itā€™s in my natureā€¦I got hooked on buying add ons for my hobby. My wife was more understanding than I expected. I celebrated my first week of not buying a ā€œnecessityā€ by buying my green LED night lite headband ($8.00, no batteries) and a laser temperature gunā€¦small stuff, but it was all small stuff (except my mh/hps light and first set of nutes)ā€¦$15 here, $20 there.

3 Likes

Now that I have flowers starting I have switched to Fox Farms Bloom nutes. And of course now that I have a ph and tds tester. I want to make sure I have this last part down.

1 gallon reservoir with distilled water 580ppm with nutes and 6.4 to 6.1 ph, reservoir water temp about 23Ā° C, RH 52 and temp 68 lights off and 78 for a high with lights on.

The TDS seems low to me. I keep mine between 800 and 1100. The PH for hydro I try to keep below 6.0. And RH Iā€™ve got around 40 or lower for flower. But Iā€™m just a newb, too. Iā€™ll upload some pics of the buds Iā€™m getting when I get the chance. Iā€™m a little ahead of you. Also adding some UVB light to see if that boosts the trichomes.

Keep all light leaks in to the reservoir because algae and molds will mess with your PH
I had the same problem until I used panda film to cover the lid with cuts to line up with the used holes.

Well I have either killed my plants or not!!!

5 days into flowering and I took off all the fan leafs not sure it that was the right think to do or not but I had to try something to get room back and allow at least 3 of my colas a chance and not fry them being 1" or so away from the lights.

My next concern is going to be the temp now. When the wild ass un kept bush was there the temp was about 65-78 and rh was 48-52. With all that cut back will my temp rise which would mean i need to add a 4" fan to help with the air flow.

Will post pics and results tomorrow

Your large leafs are feeder leafs. The only time I have removed them all is if it is close to frost and the buds need more time to grow.

After a few days they are still alive some of the leafs on a couple branches do look so good but at least I didnā€™t kill my girls

Water temp 67 to 69
Air temp about 68(lights off) to 81(lights on)
Rh is 41 to 45
Ph 5.2 to 5.8
Ppm 750 to 827

Your doing good when you harvest sheā€™ll love yaā€¦lol

Will