Need help staying under the radar

Question from a fellow grower:

I have a question on which wattage lights to use when trying to stay under the radar?

1 Like

A 40" tv uses about 150w of power. So you could get a 315w cmh light and be ok. Inline fan use in between 50-120w

3 Likes

Thanks HornHead. Seems I need to do a lot more reading and comprehending.

No problem. If you have any questions you can tag people like so… @andreasfirstborn

I have always used 600-1000 watt lamps and never had an issue. Unless you tell someone or sell to someone; No one is looking for you, and you can use whatever lights you want. Happy growing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unless your electric bill exceeds $1000.00 bucks there should be no issues… what you have to understand is that at some point they think of your power draw as a dangerous situation and have all rights to make sure that your not in danger … that’s why they come to inspect…
Electricity and how much you pay for it is a lil tricky… if you live in a 1 bedroom bungalow and use over a $1000.00 dollars of electricity, you might throw up some red flags… but In the same respect if you live in a 5 bedroom house with a pool and RV hook ups… then they don’t care… I’ve never had any issues with the power company… but I’m never late and i don’t bit#h about my bill , even if it’s more then i pay in rent… they know just like i know what I’m doing… don’t be fooled… move to an area that’s legal if your concerned… even then your still at the mercy of the state laws and regulations… money , money , money… that’s all there worried about… i use alot of power but i never worry… i pay all my taxes and what not , but I’m in a medical state… so its basically a he said , she said … live your life and dont worry about the small stuff… it will only draw attention to you… your normal just like anyone else… think about all the people that grow there own food indoors… theres alot… and so do you… fuck them… do your thing… just don’t get too crazy…
Good luck fellow cultivator… :grin:

:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

As stated above

With the tech and algorithms and analytical analysis , using smart meters. They could make a real good guess as to what anyone turns on or off…unless your off grid in some capacity. So unless Jeff Bezos(Amazon where we get all our man gadgets @raustin yeah I read that old thread. ) buys your power company and then wins sheriff of your area, you should be OK. I read on another thread…No Tell, No Smell, No Sell. Welcome to ILGM FORUM. Happy Grows man

2 Likes

Lol, that’s a really old thread of mine, which I tossed because I found out we ladies like gadgets just as much. :joy:

3 Likes

If it works why not…It`s all good.like like like…

1 Like

@HornHead @latewood @peachfuzz
I appreciate your responses. I’ve attached a screenshot of the tent I’ve just ordered. Also considering Cobb lighting. Still in the blind, just needed to get started. Tell me what y’all think.

1 Like

Use good judgment in lighting choices. A lot of Amazon lights are way exaggerated on their stats to make them sound better than they actually are.

2 Likes

I have used a lot of Ipower stuff because the price is so right and I buy to test for all you guys. :slight_smile:
The 6" fan will be great but, you are going to have to run it off a temperature/humidity switch because otherwise there will not be any build up of temps if needed and/or Co2 that develops naturally or is added to the tent.

Not a fan of tents but, that should be decent. You can grow 2-4 plants in that tent. Keep in mind; 2 plants can yield as much as 4 plants in the same space because they have more room to breath and spread out.

Happy growing.

1 Like

@latewood. Thank you. But can you elaborate more on your advice to run the fan off of the temperature/humidity switch? Again, I am a novice, and can use all the help I can get.

Something like this. you plug your fan into this thermostat/humidistat switch and dial it in to have fan turn off when temps or humidity get too high.

https://www.amazon.com/Ventamatic-XXDUOSTAT-Adjustable-Thermostat-Ventilators/dp/B00336G1ME/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540316241&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=thermostat+humidistat+switch+for+exhaust+fan?tag=greenrel-20

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.