Need help saving my plants

Question from a fellow grower:

I ordered 5 ak47 and 5 gold leaf feminized autoflowering. I planted 4 of each in a large tent with 2 plastic tubs with rocks (no limestone) Miracle grow potting soil, 2x 400Whps lights at 75%. 2 oscillating fans, power exhaust with charcoal filter, organic co2 gen, flower power fertilizer system, bug, mold, and root treatment. Had lighting issues and singed the ak47 a bit. it recovered, the gold leaf weathered that storm GREAT!!! 3 out of 4 gold leaf turned out with about 1.5 oz bud per plant the third 0. AK47 will NOT flower. 8 weeks now with 3 green and healthy but no flowers, and 1 just stopped at a stalk. Had a tiny bug issue for a day (could see under microcope only with no visible plant damage. Bug spray took care of that on all plants. The bug/root/mold system was purchased thru your company or ebay as a kit and is mentioned positively in all my research. Any idea on what happened, can i save the ak plants at all?, no trichome production on ak plants. weird, please help.

I
had originally planted 4 gold leaf and 4 ak47 in separate tubs. 2 pics
are with all plants. Gold Leaf harvested and smokes well even without
curing. Sturdy Solid Potent, Great strain. All the other pics are of
the remaining ak plants as of a few minutes ago. They have been healing
rather well from the burn from my lighting error trying to use mh and
hps. Mh get WAY too hot. I know I need to invest more to get the
cooltube lighting that I should have gotten in the first place if I had
noticed them when shopping. No money now at all but REALLY want to save
these plants. Any advise will be greatly appreciated

Temperature?

Temp was going to be my question as well. They are looking pretty dry but 8 weeks in with autos I expect some of that. If you could give us temp and humidity that would help.

88F 44% RH. It was when I tried the MH bulb at 75%, I took it out immediately and went to 1 hps while a 400Whps bulb was shipped to me. It is now installed as you can see in the pics. I also keep the tent cracked open to help heat escape out the top. I only trimmed the crispy leaves and the brown ones are kinda coming back. How long will autoflowers flower until they are unusable?

88f is pretty high. Are you using any exhaust system to pull that hot air out? You typically wanna keep the temp btwn 65-77f.

My plants have grown at 88F without anything like this going on!

Recommended temp is between 70-78

I think you have a pH problem mixed with heat problem?

Does your tent have fans or exhausts for hot air exchange?

Can you fill out a support ticket please, then we can really figure this out!

@garrigan62 @Majiktoker @Hammer :v:

1 Like

I’ve been growing autoflower plants for little over two yrs. Good quality smoke but I can never get taste to come about almost every plant ive grown has no flavor and also I loose smell when drying out which I hang dry for wk. or so then put in glass jars I grow using 600w cfls and 150w cfls and 200w also indoors with reflective film all over grow room 1

I am using a 240W exhaust fan with charcoal filter, fan is hanging inside the tent with dryer exhaust tubing out of tent to filter. I am adjusting the zippers/doors to tent cracked open. I was thinking 80-89F was ok, I will try to increase cooling by using tall standing oscillating fan we happen to have to blow room air in, but will be sacrificing the hepa filtered intake air due to the introduction of the unfiltered air from outside the tent. Do you have any thoughts on the AK47? Should I scrap them and bake some brownies, or is there still hope for descent flowering. I am actually at about 10 weeks now on these 3 last plants.

Soil PH stays at 7.0 even after applying small amounts of ph down. I think this is due to miracle grow potting soil having a time release aspect or ingredient to the soil. I will use different soil next time, stuck in that regard unless anyone has found a way…(hoping)

ILGM Support created this thread for me. I’m not sure what you mean by support ticket?

I had added a 2nd 400W light @75% using MH bulb instead of another HPS and had the light at about 10" from plant tops. Cooked 1 plants top entirely. Noticed the damage the next day and made immediate adjustments. took out entire 2nd light (MH), turned down the power on HPS to 50%, and kept tent doors open and they are still open to keep heat down. Damage was done at that point, pure heartbreak. Didn’t even get mad… Now I have installed the 2nd light with HPS and am running both at 75% with the previously described information. Do you think they will make it? Any tips or tricks, methods, cheap solutions are greatly appreciated.

Does sound like the heat is the issue to me. I run the carbon filter with the tubing inside and have the fan outside the tent facing outwards to suck the air out of the tent while another fan is inside oscillating. You could also run another duct with a duct fan to bring fresh air in. I don’t use Mh or hps either but the pros will def have more input once you figure out that ticket thing. Good luck!

1 Like

Here is ylour support Ticket

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the

questions and facts will help us help you 

We had a previous Support Ticket posted, but lost it during the "da

have this older more detailed support ticket that I saved and added to awhile back:

Fill out a “Support Ticket”

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted

in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or
Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you 

~MacG

1 Like

No doubt dude, 80-89F is ok to grow in, and you can grow some good stuff still.

But, after growing in those temps, I can definitely say that the weed would be way better if you can get the temps down and keep them down. Winter months are coming and my plants will be thankful :v:

1 Like

take some picts of what’s going on below the plants …some thing in one of the picts posted has me curios …would like to see the plant set up .if you can do that i may be able to help you .Hammer

1 Like

Crispy leaves is definatley hear but a support ticket will help out

1 Like

Amen, my plants too.

Thank you all for your help, I did manage to get them temp down a bit with taping the tent flaps open. I will need to get an ac unit by spring. I am just going to continue care for another week and if no flowering will scrap these 3 remaining plants and start anew. I did learn a great deal with this grow and did get 3 flowered plants of gold leaf and it does work, just not as well as it could due to my errors. Gold Leaf is one strong resilient strain though an shot straight up with minimal issues even with all the mistakes i made. ADVISE: DO NOT PLANT GOLD LEAF WITH AK 47 IT WILL OVERSHADOW THEM AND THEY WILL NOT GROW LIKE YOU WANT!!!

Thank Again.

My plants did great with 88-80 religiously with those hot MH bulbs during veg, and I never measured PH during veg(waiting for quality meter), the only thing I noticed you mentioned was that your lights were appx. 11" away, which could be fine, im no pro by any means, but I kept my lights 18" above at all times.
Just my personal experience though, just throwing it ou there. :laughing:.
Nice looking grow for sure

1 Like

Update, Gold leaf all harvested and drying/curing now, not shabby and coulda been better. AK47 preflowers seem to be recovering, going to see if it will “bud up” over the next few days. down to about 82F 44%rh and holding. Prepping for next batch. Adding 3 5gal cloth pots with regular peat/topsoil mix (NO Miracle Grow this time!!!) 2 Super Silver Leaf, 1 remaining AK47. When AK is harvested going with 3 more to offset timing of harvests for steady supply and hopefully to allow more curing time. SSL/AK seeds germinating. As the season changes heat will not be as much of an issue and I will get the AC Unit by spring. Any other cooling ideas are appreciated and I will keep adding updates so others can learn from my mistakes…

1 Like