Need Help Reading Apera EC60 Instruments

I just got an EC60 and don’t know what the readings mean.
Tap water reads Cond. 706 Tds 512 Sal. .06 Ph. reads 7.86 from my PH 60
Results from my underground rain Barrell collected from my roof and lawn.
Cond. 122.5 TDS 88.2 Sal. .06 Ph 7.57
I understand the ph, but those other numbers are Greek.
Out of the two water samples which would you water your plants with?

Conductivity is your EC. So you have a .7 ec with a 512ppm. Which also tells us it’s on the 700 scale of measurement. But I believe that meter can switch between 500 and 700 scale. Looks like your rain water is better due to being much lower in total dissolved solids. 512 is pretty high.

Oh and the sal is salinity which you are in the marginal range for drinking water.

Thank you!

I know this is an old thread but was wondering how Which also tells us it’s on the 700 scale? I have the same gauge and was wondering what scale it shows. Didn’t see any references in the manual.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

It’s in the ratio between the TDS and the EC. The EC would be exactly double the TDS (1.024) if it were on the 500 scale.

Thanks, but not really sure what I’m reading. I will check out the website though. Thanks

Thanks. I’ll check it out tonight and see what it says.

Sorry for the late reply. The chart that cap_ron posted shows what your ec should be in relation to ppm. For example, if your ec reads 1 and you switch to ppm, it will read 700ppm on the 700 scale (truncheon). Likewise, if your ec reads 1 and the ppm is 500, you’re on the 500 scale (Hanna)

1 Like

Thanks. That I can understand.