Need help please ph and tds problems

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?indoors 6plants
  2. Otigin of seeds? ILGM blue dream
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? Feminized
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? Tap water ph 7.8
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? Ph down to 6.5
  6. Grow method? Soil FFOF
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used. NONE YET
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. HLG 600H V2
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? 85 - 75
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night? 58-68
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? HEATER
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"? 4IN
  13. Co2 Yes / No? NO
  14. How long have you been growing?5 YEARS

Heres my questions im watering with ph 6.5 water but my run off is 5.9
Tap water Tds before ph’ing is 80 tds in run off is 1290 plants look healthy to me some leaf tips are burnt so is this info telling me my plants are in lock out and to start watering with 7.1 ph water to get 6.5 run off to correct everything

4 Likes

Huh, I wouldn’t have even known there was anything wrong by looking at them. Looks like vigorous growth in fact.

Transplant them into some living soil would be my advise, then you don’t have to worry about electrical conductivity unless your light isn’t working. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Yeah im going to get in to that living soil with in the next few grows seem a little easier then having to ph water mix nute all the monitor all this stuff living soil seem a little more relaxing

3 Likes

looks good to me too

1 Like

@Newb1, I think I understand your situation here.

You are still in a soil grow right now. Your water at 80 ppm will not affect the pH of the FFOF at all. If you’re looking for a meaningful pH number, you need to do a slurry test on the soil. I’m sure you’ll find the FFOF is already in the correct range.

The pH of water is derived from the total charge on the dissolved solids it contains ie the cations and anions. At 80 ppm, your water doesn’t have a “strong” pH really at all. The soil has way more of these ions and the water will take on its pH. In fact, at 80 ppm, your pH meter may not be capable of giving you an accurate reading.

Your plants look healthy, and they are. You won’t have to worry about messing them up with nutrient lockouts until you begin adding the fertigation salts.

1 Like

Ur plants look great ur tds will go up due to salt build up in ur soil

1 Like

@Aussie_autos ok so the run off ph i shouldnt worry about right now? I just never had run off ph drop so low usually it pretty close to what i put in say i water with 6.5 the runoff usually is beteen 6.5-6.3 but the last two time i checked run off it been about 5.9-5.8 so i was just a little worried about that

2 Likes

Ok i grow organically but i have grown with bottled nutrients aswell i have checked my runoff with both ways of growing and i found my ph would drop by a few points and i really didn’t have to much problem because of it.the beneficial bacteria in ur soil takes care of the ph as it goes in so it may make it a bit lower on the way out but i really dont think u will have any problem ur plants are healthy if you were going to have problems you would see them by now one would think

1 Like

I will do a ph test on my run off now just to see what it is at the moment

2 Likes

Maybe leave tap water set out a day or 2 to let chlorine evap check the pH of that if it is still at the 7.8 mark throw a gallon or so in the plant of just tap water and see what the outcome is on the ppm reading. If it raises sweet but the plant really don’t seem to have an issue from looks are u sure the pH meter is calibrated good

1 Like

Plants are looking great. The FFOF is a great cannabis friendly medium and some burnt leaf tips are expected. Usually my run off before adding nutrients at this growth stage is around 800 PPMS. Have you been watering to run off every time? If not this could cause high numbers from breaking unused salts and minerals. Dolomite Lime is a great source to raise and stabilize soil PH.

2 Likes

Cause im flushing my plants for harvesting my ph in my run off is 7.9

1 Like

Thats perfect ph for the age and ppm is great .

1 Like

You should be concerned with that PH, it’s more in line with Coco PH of 5.6-5.9. Soil should be 6.5-6.8 :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thats what i was thinking the run off should becoming out around 6.5 give or take a point right you think i should be watering with about 7.1 to bring it up to 6.5 @OGIncognito

1 Like

I would increase my input PH a little. 6.8-7.0 for feeding. For run off, take a sample after about 1/2 a cup has come out. Dolomite lime is great for soil PH stabilization around 6.5. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

This is my problem and @CurrDogg420 hit on it. If in fact the ppm reading of your tap water is correct at only 80 the pH reading you are taking may not be very accurate. It also means the amount of calcium is very low. I take it you do not need a water softener. Calcium tends to increase the water’s pH.
What are you using for pH down?
What is ppm after adding pH down?
I think your plants look healthy. Runoff numbers of 1290 using FF OF is not very high. I imagine it has decreased with use.

3 Likes

If its not broken they not stressing i would let them just grow . Some strains can adapt . Until they stress , ill adjust it , just make sure its in range when you flip into bloom are they can go south right in week 4 after the stretch in phase 1 of flower/bloom.

1 Like

im using general hydroponics ph down i was using one of those yellow ph meter thought maybe it was off so i went got the APERA PH20 and was stiil getting the same results i have never had this happen before always have watered with 6.5 and run off would always be between 6.8 - 6.3 so when the last few times i got a reading that low was kinda worried crazt thing they seem to show no issues and growing just fine lol :smile:

1 Like