Need help please first timer

Hey so I recieved my banana kush fem seeds, germination went well. So I got them into the starting pots everything went well for a week and then a sudden stop in growth. I know I haven’t been over watering because I was very cautious about it I have a cheap 300w led proper ventilation and humidity as well as temp. So I figured my problem had to be the medium I started them in and the pots. So I decided to go ahead and transplant this morning and as I did so I noticed the medium just turned to dust when I flipped them over I have started 3 for now each in a 5 gallon pot with tropicoco potting mix after the transplant. I’m worried I may have transplanted to early and just needed some advice or anything to put my mind at ease. Thank you.

1 Like

Don’t worry, they’ll be fine. They’re just spending their energy growing roots that’s why it looks like they’re not growing. Just leave them alone and let them grow.

2 Likes

Ok. I will. Do I need to leave my light off for a couple day so they can recover. Or stick to my 18/6 schedule. Thank you for the response.

One thing for sure is patience and haste makes waste. I don’t even want to admit how much money in seeds i messed up because of being impatient and in a hurry. You look like you are on your way to a good grow, setup looks very nice too.

1 Like

Leave your light on the same schedule

No, leave the lights on 24 hours if you can for the first week or two.

Ok. That’s what I needed to hear thank you guys

When you transplanted you said that the soil turned into dust…
Doesn’t that tell you something…give them more water. And you should be fine.

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment first. Yes I plan on watering more I think it had a lot to do with the biodegradable starter pots they were absorbing a lot of my water and it was quickly evaporating from there but either way they are in a better home now so it’s just the waiting game now.

@Kenmcqueen,

Good deal…your back on track. Keep us posted on your grow…ok

1 Like

Hey so is Your name a representation of where your from? @ThcinKC

Don’t over water at this stage either better to under the over you can alwaysvadd you can’t take away especially at this stage … Transplant always haults growth for a little roots are trying to catch to new medium

And I’m not sure Coco is inert right so there is essentially no nutrients in it correct isn’t Coco supposed to be amended I’m not sure of your mix does it have a food supply

Coco is inert. It can be used straight and act like a hydro grow. Or it can be mixed with soil as a hybrid getting the drainage from the coco. But at this stage no need to concern with nutes yet. So might as well not open that can of worms until they get closer.

Really in inert medium u don’t need to feed at all in begining??

1 Like

Well it’s tropicoco it’s just coco coir based it has perlite earthworm castings seabird guano bat guano dolomite lime as well. When I bout it I had just started researching

2 Likes

Nope just water just like my setup. Water only until the little cotyledons start turning yellow.

Oh yea he’s got ample food anyway seem like u need more light bro

1 Like

Disregard the light wrong thread

Hey guys I’m back with a new question… I descovered some fungus gnats in my medium today. Any advice on what to do?