Need help picking seeds/strains for 9a - south Texas

Drinkin and drilling not advised

2 Likes

Helllll yea. 175 grain will drill two holes at the same time.

2 Likes

Yo samity Sam is at it again

2 Likes

Im the rooinist toitinis ciw poke who ever rootin tootened

3 Likes

Y’all are funny! I think I’m going to like it around here. Lol! I usually use a .40 cal for aerating my burn barrels or I’ll tape some targets to a barrel and do some target shooting with my 300 win mag. Never was much of an Ought-Six fan - I just figured if I’m going to shoot a .30 cal, I might as well shoot one with hair on its chest, like the Win Mag or .300 Norma. But they’ll all work.

I really appreciate all the help and advice and I’m looking forward to getting started! I’m going to start another thread with some questions I have on PH, water and soil. I’ll find a more appropriate section to put it in, though. Hope y’all will jump in there also!

1 Like

I’m just now joining the party. I also live in the valley. How did the white widow auto flower work for ya @DTOM420?

1 Like

@greenwildlife … welcome buddy… I’m also from the rgv… he hasn’t posted since 2019… growing here is hard but not impossible… good luck

Thanks @Mrcrabs nice to connect with you! I am going to try the tower garden aeroponic system with an auto flower. Do you find the humidity to be challenging here in the RGV?

1 Like

It all depends… indoors I’m at 55% to 69%… but I’ve gots an ac running and in line fan pulling air out my room… not growing in tent indoors it’s a room… outside it’s 85% humidity bout 90 degrees plants love it…

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks @Mrcrabs!

1 Like

No problem buddy… hit me up if you have any questions… I’d be glad to try and steer you the right way

1 Like

Oddly, autoflower are mostly best for indoor under lights! Because you benefit from the fact that they will flower on an 18/6 lighting schedule, therefore you can bomb them with light during flower.
I would only grow photo strains outdoors if I had a season long enough, which it sounds as though you do.
You dont really gain any real advantage with autos outdoors, in my opinion, unless your season is really short. It sounds as though you should be looking for a semi tropical strain such as Panamanian, or Hawaiian? Maybe a Laosian/ earlyish Thai might even finish there?
Obviously, size and height may be a factor? Virtually any afghan will likely do well there.

3 Likes

These would be excellent choices if you have a place isolated enough as the laws down here suck!!!