Need help, new led light and seed starting mix, not much growth

I haven’t grown in 2 years, never used led light or seed mix. What am I doing wrong? The seeds germinated in water cup then transferred to Seed Starting Potting soil inside of a peat container so I can plant the container in soil in 5 gal bucket.
I have the LED light set on Veg and about 12" above the containers, added florescent lamp-type bulb 4" from both plants. Here are a few pictures.

1 Like

Hey! Welcome back set to watching good luck

The bottom leaves just look fried from over watering. The new growth looks OK. Time to transplant.

2 Likes

Actually, I have been letting them dry out, watering 1x every other day. About the transplant, should I add perlite, I think so from reading. Any other products I should add to the soil?
And last what are good quality nutes at a reasonable price? Which flavors do I need?
Thanks!

1 Like

water daily with small amount. pic shows heavy over watering.

suggest you use clear plastic cups …once roots are all over the cup…transplant to final home.

peat cups are famous for mold and seedling killers if too moist.

also…the wattage shown is not what LEDs produce. plants will need more to survive and prosper.

2 Likes

I only water mine 1/2 cup 2 times a week maybe every 4 or 5 days I give a little

1 Like

Looks like your was maybe too far away at start? You may have over compensated a little, 12" is pretty close for plants that size with any reasonable led fixture.