Need help new grower

Yeah, So I just tie the side branches off too the pot? Or how do I do it??

1 Like

Sorry, had kind of busy day. Imo you’ll want to veg a 5x5 at probably 80% or better, but you’ll also want to gradually work up to that.

1 Like

Yes, I use landscaping pins until their side branches can reach to side of the pot

1 Like

So where would I want too have the light setting at now. I have it on 60% now

1 Like

Did you down load the Photon app? Simple to use and better than guessing. When I didn’t have a meter I would raise the light to 24-30” set it at 50% and put your hand at canopy level and see hot warm it is on the back of your hand. Adjust intensity up or down and check on them frequently for signs of heat/light stress . This will be obvious by the upper most leaves clawing :love_you_gesture:. You really need a meter or the app to dial it in for node spacing and bud development

1 Like

Yeah I downloaded it yesterday I been playing with the app trying too figure out how too use it. I also found this. Don’t know how accurate this is

1 Like

For their growth stage I would set the light ht at 24” and the DLI at 30. If you cut a piece of paper and use it as the diffuser, hold your phone under the light at the top of your plants and move it across every plant checking your DLI and PPFD. Dial the light up or down until you get that average 30-35 DLI across the grow :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

This was my readings at seedling to just starting a veg cycle.

I think that’s pretty good. Watch how your plants behave and adjust if needed.

2 Likes

Do I tie the main stalk down or do I just tie the branches down?

Am I doing this right??

2 Likes

Yes, I couldn’t tell what you are using but go and anchor the base on the opposite side. I use a piece of tie wire soft and loop around the lower base and tie it back to the side. This will give it structure as it grows in the direction you’re training her to go in. Nice job on the bend :love_you_gesture:

I’m using these plant twist tie. So do I just tie down the main branch? So I don’t need too tie down the other branches

1 Like

Not trying to jump in but been reading along, whatever you used to tie down main stem, wrap around bottom of your main stem and tie it off in the opposite direction you pulled the top down to. To help anchor your plant in place, also I used pipe cleaners with the fuzzy colors on it, pack of 50 Dollar store 2 $. The idea your going for is to create more area for bud sites to form instead of strait up. 1 gaint cola

2 Likes

How plyable is the main? If you can bend it over just a little above the lower 1/3rd and tie it down. Do you have anything to use for pinning down. You can put a pin in the soil and tie back to it until the main and sides reach the outside of the pot. Here’s a rudimentary sketch but should give you the idea. The side branches that are facing up tie those down the same way. The sides that are now facing the soil will start turning up towards the light, once those have about 3-5” on them tie them down as well. Upfront when you’re tieing off the sides on top, make sure to creat enough space to tie the ones growing from underneath to go between the upper ones you tied off. Creating space is critical. Leaves laying on each other will sweat and die plus air circulation :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Tap the earlier blank below the post and the sketch will pop up. Here is a sour D around week 4 with the side and top pinned down.

The sketch

2 Likes

Does this look right??

3 Likes

Bottom right 1 looks good. Anyway to bend the taller ones in more of a U shape in the middle? You’ll expose more bud sites and weekly training will be easier. They can take it. Squeeze the area you want to bend between your thumb and finger to check its stiffness. I do this , then start bending slowly over and place a pin at that bend (a cut piece of coat hanger will work) then you can tie the main end down.

1 Like

Try to get it like the top left pics :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Are these coming along good?

2 Likes