Need help new grower

Sweet, you’ll have all the tools now. It’ll become 2nd nature after using your PH and TDS pen with mixing nutrients and how often to check your run off. Personally I like to check my numbers once weekly, if they look healthy and you’ve tested your nutrient solution it’s a visual health check.

1 Like

I would water in enough to wet the pot but not to run off. PH around 6.5-6.8 for the next 3 weeks. When your TDS pen gets here we can check the run off starting a new week.

1 Like

New lights came in and I got the tds pen. Do I need too bring the lights lower??

2 Likes

Yes 24in at least from top of canopy this early n dim light down they don’t need that much light in veg

2 Likes

What should I dem the lights down too?

2 Likes

At veg the lowest setting

1 Like

That’s the HLG 300 right? Lowest setting is 90 watts on this light. At 24-30” I would say around 300 watts. If you have an I phone download the free Photon app, it’s very accurate and will give you DLI and PPFD numbers. Different stages of growth require different amounts and intensity of lighting.

1 Like

Went to get you some readings for your light ht and intensity and it’s lights out in the closet. I run a 6/2 so they should be back on soon :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

No it’s the spider farmer SF4000

1 Like

So I should put my lights at the lowest setting and not the highest?

Dimmable?

They are

I got them at about a 80 on the light setting

1 Like

80 as in 8 clicks on the dial? Impossible for me to tell you without that light experience. I would assume if you 80% of the 4000, that’s way too much at 24”-30”. Really need that app :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

80 is definitely alot. @dbrn32 can help you out for a better answer

2 Likes

Yeah it’s on 80% lol I need too Know what too set it too does that app show me what I need too set the lights too?

1 Like

No there’s a number of factors involved but the simple answer is each growth stage has its own range of PPFD and DLI. The photon app is a light meter that run place at the top of your canopy. It’s a DLI function that will
Read that, you either raise your light or dim it. Vegging DLI high range would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 35. As mentioned @dbrn32 is the community lighting expert.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 wassup man, what would be the best setting too put my
Light on I have a spider farmer sf4000

1 Like

Can I start tying down the branches?

1 Like

Yes, are you growing the main vertical and tieing the sides off?

1 Like