Need help mysterious mini plant invasion

You said they were autoflower? I’m biased against FIM technique, and I would especially advise against it for a beginner who is growing an auto.

You’re much better off with the “bend and tie” training imo. And yes, this is when I would start. You just bend the main top over a bit, you’re trying to open things up a little for those underneath branches, and then tie it down so it stays put. Then over time keep adjusting and tying down other tops to make them all even in height.

2 Likes

Yeah it seems a bit invasive and I understand how it can stunt a plants growth. first indoor grow with autos. Have grown photos outdoor.

But yeah exactly, so…bend down the top parts exposing the branches coming from the lower nodes in an attempt to keep them at an even plain from the light basically?? How often do I bend them and for how long? Do I keep them tied down for like an entire 2 weeks or something?? And just readjust when needed or do I unbend them certain days? They are at day 20 since put into soil.

After you tie the branch down, it will turn back towards the light and start growing vertically again. If it starts getting tall again, you pick another point farther up the branch and tie it down from that point back even again. Leave the ties on, unless you want it to spring back a little. Eventually as the branch gets woody, it won’t be needed any more, you’ll look at it and it won’t be doing anything.

1 Like

Cool cool sounds good man. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Your indoor grow looked really good in your basement n like the prospects of that nice outdoor spot. I’m New England it’s been seasonably warm lately.

Just cleaned out my spot a little and took the girls out for a little photo op in some normal lighting now!! They are at day 21.

First, GSCE Auto Day 21 in soil.

![image|375x500]

(upload://70aQoWOLOj2dGsqjcS2zstT8Zla.jpeg)

2 Likes

G13…

2 Likes

Purple Kush…

2 Likes

They look great man! Perfect health, expect them to double in size every 2 weeks. Training starts soon!

1 Like

Thanks a lot man your bananas look sooo nice def gotta keep me posted on those.

1 Like

Thanks man, the diesel (1 plant) got me 14 oz including the trim and small buds. Really long veg on that one, like 4-5 months.

Sweeet that’s nice. How was the potency? That must’ve been a photo strain then on the diesel?

1 Like

Yeah photo, potency is there for sure, I get that “headband” stone where it feels like your head is getting squeezed. It’s got a rich earthy terp, like fresh compost, but it’s so complex, you can also get coffee, and chocolate notes. Definitely recommend if you like diesels.

2 Likes

Did someone say diesel?? :star_struck::star_struck: what is this you speak of? Lol I’m waiting for my sour d to pop right now :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@CurrDogg420 its interesting you talk about the coffee, chocolates earthy tones with that diesel…I’m just starting to get that from my G13 right now. She is quite bushy and when I expose a few nodes and open her up I get a lot of those same Hues of smell lol.

“Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by…Olfactory Hues”
-phish

1 Like

So yeah I’m at start of week 3 on these autos though. The biggest thing trying to determine now is when to start the Low stress Training. I have decided against fimming on this first grow and smaller space for now.

The GSCE: 8inches tall 10 inches wide. 6nodes.
G13: about 5inches tall 8 inches wide, starting 6th node.
Purple: about 5inches tall 8 inches wide, 5 nodes.

I know I need to definitely get going on the bending and tying in next couple days. It looks to me the Girl Scout is probably ready. She even has some pistils starting to form. I’m thinking of waiting a little longer on purple and g13.

About which node would I want to bend at like the 4th? And just expose those lower nodes for the next 2 weeks or so I’m thinking.

Do you train all of your plants? I figure some really lend themselves to it better than others but I will learn that with some experimentation. From what it sounds like though you pretty much can’t go wrong with LST.

2 Likes

@CbertLikesDank yes I train all of my plants. There’s no right or wrong way to do it. It’s sort of a style thing, and you get to be artist for this grow. It’s a simple form of “Bonsai” which translated literally means “planted in a container”.

There’s really so much to this subject, it’s taking me a while to figure out what I want to write and how to keep it short but useful.

So you want to understand your media - the structure of the plant and how it tends to grow.

At each leaf location (node), in its “armpit”, it will grow a new branch. It’s at the tips of these branches where the flower buds appear. The plant also naturally wants to grow taller, and spends the most energy on developing the tallest branches. Naturally, this results in a “Christmas Tree” shape.

If you’re outdoors, with the sun coming from different angles throughout the day, this can work. But it’s not optimal for an indoor grow because your light is all generally always falling straight down.

So with the training, personally I’m starting with a goal in mind. I want a plant that has many branches, all even in size, thickness wise, with tips all at an even height, enough to where I can fill my 5x5.

Over time I’m getting better at it and it’s taking less work from me. You get better at visualizing what the plant will look like in the future.

The first time you do it you’re gonna sorta “make war” with the plant, attacking parts here and there, trying to manipulate the enemy into falling for your plans.

But after a while, man, you learn to make love to her. You just need to be there for her at certain times of her life to help her in the right direction. :revolving_hearts: :potted_plant:

2 Likes

@Reed71

Nice to see you here too. You have to get dollarbill over here. It seems like the whole family is moving over to this forum. Just a lot more traffic. Like rush hour. How is that Frankenstein coming along for u?

3 Likes

Yea i sent him a message good to see you too my friend she’s doing great crazy plant though

Dollarbill haven’t talked with him in awhile he’s probably been working his ground getting ready

2 Likes

IMO, you are late for starting training on that GSCE. You will need to be very careful because that woody stem thing starts earlier than I realized.

My younger plants I started earlier - I have a Glueberry auto I tied down at 12 days old. Plus I have a GG auto that did it to herself! Also very young, 13 - 14 days?

My training on the GSCE turned out really half ass, but it was my first try at it.

I thought I had her under control, but well, no I didn’t. (Day 11 of flower.)

3 Likes

Yes the top of the stem is still really nice n bendy which is nice. The bottom is a bit woody, but I’m realizing it does happen fast. This is going to be my first time using LST so it will be an experiment.

And @CurrDogg420 great info. You did a good job keeping it simple n short bc I understand how there is a lot to this topic and it takes a lot of learning.

But I do feel like I’m about to be going to war with the plants in a way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol. So I have kind of been putting it off but I am going to be bending them babies today!! The GSCE is really moving along quickly though and quite a few pistils are forming on each branch and at each node.

The G13 IS veryyy bushy and the purple has had a bit of a growth spurt vertically over the last couple of days.

But will be tying them down later today!! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:
So stay tuned will post some pics shortly after I do it…

And to any newcomers coming over to the forum…welcome and any feedback/input is always appreciated!

2 Likes

Should i trim any of the leaves in combination with the LST yet? Only reason I ask is because my G13 is very bushy. However I do not want to trim off any important leaves as they are still pretty young (20 days since sprout).

Also, some of the very first leaves on the bottom of my GSCE have started to fall off (not the elliptical). The first set of leaves you get after the elliptical. I believe this is normal, but just want to make sure…??