Need help my seedling is curled over .What do i need to do to correct it

1 Like

Major stretch. Move your light as close as you can without burning the plant. What lights are you using?

4 Likes

Also continue doing like you are doing holding the plant up. If you have to repot the plant later just bury the stem lower in the pot and cover half of it.

6 Likes

1 Like

Do i need to brace it with something?

Thanks for the Information.

I’d get it covered with soil just add some more and build it up so it stays up on it’s own. Bury it until the first two leaves are only a inch or so above the soil and be gentle as possible try not to touch it much let the soil do the work.

3 Likes

Agree with @JWhistler, she’s stretching for the light, lower down to around 20” with that Mars 600. That’s a great little light for vegging, will need a more lighting to stack on the buds. Personally I would re-pot to a larger forever home. Photo or auto plant, re-potting will be risky with an auto depending on the age. I’ve done it a few times with autos and they turned out well.

1 Like

Yea you have the light too far away for her liking and it also might look like she wasn’t planted far down enough.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the information…Ordering more lights and going to re-pot her to a bigger pot …any suggestion about lighting?

1 Like

Yes if that’s your only light you will need more I believe these guys can help make sure you talk to them before buying @
@oldmarine @Oldguy @Allinherhead @TheVirginian @Budz @skippyisnohippy @CygnusX1 @dbrn32 @MidwestGuy @Mark0427 they only let me put 10

4 Likes

You may want to wait on ordering the new light. A lot of folks order another light and find that they just ordered another light that will not be sufficient.

What’s your budget for a new light?

4 Likes

That is one stretched girl. What is your target area? # of plants? HLG is the current :crown:. Especially value for dollar spent.

Lower (height) or increase (intensity) your light. Not enough intensity. The light linked would grow a single plant just fine.

1 Like

$200 is budget

Like @Budz stated HLG is a grower favorite. I have the HLG 300 RSPECT and the plants love it :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I run an HLG 600R-spec. Listen, lighting the last place u want to skimp. You will save yourself a lot of trouble, aggravation and wasted money if you buy the right light for what your doing.

People with more knowledge than I will chime in. This super knowledgeable dude helped me out… @dbrn32 he knows his stuff.

3 Likes

Well said on the lighting importance :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I would agree about moving the light closer. I would also agree about using Horticultural lighting group as a source should you want to get more light. When transplanting a stretched seedling like that one, I would bury it deeper than it is now. If it is an autoflower plant I don’t know anything. The light you have uses about 100 watts I think, which will only work for a very small space in flower. It should work fine for where you are right now, so don’t rush a big dollar decision. I like the HLG lights not only for prices but service is exceptional (using code “dude” got me 10% off prices listed on website). I am currently pumping 770 watts down into a 4x4 tent in flower, which some would probably say is too much. Ask @dbrn32 any questions about lighting, being the guru of all things bright around here. I recently got a HLG 135 rspec DIY kit for $151 delivered to my door, assembly required. Added to your current light might be good enough for a small area flowering 1 plant. My HLG 260 xl was $282 I think and is plenty for a 2x4 area.

5 Likes

Also… how old are them girls? You may want to wait to transplant until they have more root development.

2 Likes

If possible to get the peat pod out without damaging anything I’d take it out di the hole deeper and bury everything but 1 or 2 inches of the top lower light 24 inches about 60% rip the netting off the peat pod also roots will make ways around alot faster and I’ll see alot better growth doing so. I’m watching. Good luck. Every1 else got u with light. If at all possible stick with hlg or a good brand u will appreciate it in the end I run all hlg lights 11 in total between 4 areas. I’d say hlg and I’ll be a happy grower.

5 Likes