Need help, makes no sense!

If anyone could think of what this issue could be, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a tent set up in a closet and grow two plants at a time. I have around 12 grows so I am still very new to this but I can’t make sense of this. This is either the third or forth time where one of my plants is further along and quite noticeably. Both seeds are always the same auto seed, in the same conditions, light, medium, water, nutes. Also, it’s nothing to do with a certain side of the tent. The only thing that I can come up with is maybe with the LST sometimes I don’t keep it low enough. I’m pretty sure that is not the issue so I am at a lost. Has anyone come across this before? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2 Likes

When growing from seed, variations are commom, at least from my experience. My last grow I did a couple blackberry autos, one finished in 62 days, the other took 81 days. Other times I have ahad 1 short bushy plant, and one tall and lanky. Seeds are very unpredictable in my experience, only way to get consistancy with the plants is to grow clones, but since we can’t clone autos, we do what we can with what the seeds give us…

Stressing the plant may contribute, but I am no scientist, lol, so I have no real way of knowing…

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, great people around to help you.

Can you post a picture of them? I understand what you’re asking, but my perspective maybe different than yours.

3 Likes

Sounds like autos doin’ auto things. All strains have some degree of varying phenotypes. Hybrids usually moreso than landrace. Autos moreso than regular hybrids. Especially if you got them from certain seed banks…

2 Likes

@calex1977 welcome to the forum!!! I’ve had runts of the litter pull to the lead of the race. I think its very common for variations of growth to occur. My one thought was going to be perhaps a lighting issue on one side of your tent but sounds like you ruled out all issues with it not being side specific within your tent. I agree with @Zee pics may be helpful!

1 Like

Plants can have as much variability as children. It’s just genetics.
You can have a blond-haired, short, fat boy and a brown-haired, tall, skinny girl.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, when I get home I will take a pic

1 Like

So here are the plants about 4 hours ago. I think I may have figured out the problem. I would start LST at 3 weeks but I should start based on plants size. Thinking I started training the underdeveloped plant too early.

They are the same type of seeds from the same bank and are in the same conditions but they are both 31 days old.

You should look up phenotypes Big A, Little a, Big A Big B, Big A Little b, Big B little a sorta thing. If Big A represents tall and little a is short, Big B represents wide and little b is skinny you can begin to see that we start to get quite a few combinations. Now add a letter for smell or leaf size and shape and we get even more diverse. Its a great way to understand what pheno hunting is all about and why its so difficult to breed cannabis properly.