Need help, is this a CA deficiency?

Are you going to transplant them @Ri0 it so i would try to get them in

1 Like

@Reed71 , yes, was planning to when the soil dries a bit. Should be within 5-7 days.

1 Like

I’d say that will help them out @Ri0 my friend happy growing

1 Like

Hi all,

I found this article about the relationship between plants, ph, and the microbiome in the soil.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fsufs.2020.00106/full

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

@Rio , thanks for the tag. I was going to try Coco/ perlite for this spring grow, but I just couldn’t bring myself to. I even had pots filled and ready but at the last min decided to go with some CocoLoco that I have. Here’s why. I just didn’t want to get tangled up in pH, ppm runoff measurement problems, even though I do measure. I’m getting comfortable with soil grows, cause there seems to be some buffer, or shall we say grace with soil. I feel like you don’t need to get wrapped up in stats. I’m one who ad-libs by nature. Seems good to me to develop a sense for what the plants are communicating that they need. Some things can’t be measured.
Transplanting will do some good for them. I like to go with a warm moist root zone hole and no jostling of the root ball. They don’t need to “recover” if done correctly, they take right off. Hope I’m helping. They don’t look to bad to me though.

2 Likes

@6stringT Thanks for the tip. I do usually loosen the bottom of the rootball , I will put it straight in without disturbing the roots at all as you suggest when I transplant.

2 Likes

They don’t need our help. The roots that is. It’s almost better if you think about it, to let them search and develop on there own…kind of like 15year olds who think they know everything. Seriously though, they can do it and right out of the gate. Remember warm, not hot perhaps oxygenated H2O. You’ll do fine. You have great attention to detail. Thanks by the way for the interesting info.

3 Likes

Right on! Thank you @6stringT , I bubble my tap water for a minimum of 24 hours before use with a beast of air pump and a massive 5 inch round air stone. I bubble the water in my veg tent so temp is never below 72F. I am really encouraged that while I need a lot more experience and grows under my belt, at least I am on the right path!

1 Like

@6stringT @Reed71 @PurpNGold74 @Toddr111 @Growsautos

Great news: the ladies are happy again and growing like a weed!!! Pun intended! :joy:

All my new growth is looks perfectly healthy and the leaf stems are now green. Woot!

On a side note, and granted this is only one observation, but the two ladies I watered with a ph of 6.4 seem to have grown faster, the leaves are noticable bigger than the 3 I watered with a ph of 7.4.

Watered with a ph of 7.4

Watered with a ph of 6.4

1 Like

Good for you!
Yea, 7.4 is too high. I never like to go above 6.7 or so. That way if my meter is out IV still got .3 or so as a buffer.
Enjoy!

2 Likes

:sunglasses::sunglasses:Happy Growing!

1 Like

Thanks @Toddr111 !!

Happy you got it sorted. Just for future reference, distilled water (or any water under 25 pomw) doesnt have a true pH. It takes the level of whatever it is combining with. So take that 7.0 pH out the bottle with a grain of salt.

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 Thank you for that incredible bit of information!!!

1 Like

@Toddr111 @Reed71 @PurpNGold74 Transplanted last night into there final homes, and @6stringT , took your advice and didn’t mess with the root ball, + mycorrhiza + 6.8 ph warm oxygenated tap water bubble for +/- 24 hours, and, well, the picture says it all. Took the top pic 15 minutes ago. Bottom pic was last night I have never had any plant bounce back so quickly and no transplant shock. :pray: Thanks for all the help guys.

2 Likes

All good!! Glad it worked out for you. Keep us posted on the grow! I would like to see how you wind up!! :sunglasses:!! :seedling::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Very well done! You’re doing the actual work so props to you my friend. I agree. Stuck around n keep us posted. Happy growing