Need help, is this a CA deficiency?

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Plant is 1 month old, living soil, 18-6, water when pot is light, only nutrient given since transplanted was Alaska Fish as a foilar spray.

2 Likes

Im having same issue

1 Like

Need more info my friend’s is that the only leaves like that

2 Likes

Welcome! Did you get water on leaves when watering possibly?? That could give spots. That young of a plant, just don’t over water. I don’t see any real issue yet, i agree with Reed7, is that the only leaves ? and maybe some better pics! Good luck!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes only a few leaves

1 Like

@Growsautos It would be best to fill out support ticket and let everyone know what we have here temperature soil humidity what your feeding and how often

2 Likes

How do i do that

1 Like

@Ri0, does that fish fert change the pH of the water? What is the water pH?
Grow info is needed so you get the correct help.

@Growsautos I’m going to get someone to help with that @PurpNGold74 need someone to let @Growsautos and @Ri0 how to feel out support ticket

2 Likes

@Reed71 i think i figured it out

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you

2 Likes

The spots look to be a magnesium deficiency. Have either of you supplemented any calmag?

A but more information ob your grows would be immensely helpful. Copy and paste that above, fill it out as good as you can.

Thanks for the tag @Reed71

1 Like

Thank @PurpNGold74

1 Like

I don’t know what happened here. You might want to repost this for a clean start. You will get the answers you’re looking for. Perhaps @BobbyDigital could help?

1 Like

Hi everyone,

The spots on my leaves were indeed due to water being left on them and being burned. I did a foilar and didn’t notice the drops on one plant’s single leaf. The spots have not spread to any other leaves or gotten bigger, they turned a nice shade of light brown due to necrosis.

The current problem

Now, I am having nutrient deficiencies I am positive are due to PH. pretty sure I figured it out, but I wanted confirmation or correction if my theory isn’t right. I grow in living soil (40%Peat moss, 30% mushroom compost, 30% size 3 perlite, amended with ), cover crop, mulch, microbes galore. I have 4, 30 gallon fabric pots for their final home. I have read and heard on YouTube videos that there is no need to Ph tap water for living soil as long as the PH is in line. My understanding is the microbiology adjusts the PH of the media based on chemical signals from the roots indicating what nutrients the plant needs to uptake (of course the soil needs to have everything needed so the soil must be balanced across all nutrients, macro and micro g). Please correct me if my understanding incorrect.

PH Info

My tap water is a ph of 7.4 or little lower. My first grow I didn’t have any issues with the water, I always bubble for a min of 24 hours before use, but being unsure about what else is in the tap water, I decided to use store bought distilled water for germination, seedling, and early veg this second grow. (I know I can get test results from my municipality, but I thought shopping at Kroger would take less time or at least that is what i thought.) I checked the PH when I opened the gallon of distilled watered, ph 7.0 and 0 TDS. I have used half the gallon as of today and decided to check the ph again since i was having issues. The PH dropped to around 5.4. What the heck? I Recalibrated my Apera PC-60Z, retested, same results. My Apera was less that .5% off before calibration. Is it possible for distilled water in a typical gallon to drop in PH? could heat, light, or simply time cause the PH to drop? Maybe a containment leeched from the container? All I do know is the Ph of the distilled water dropped to 5.4 thus causing nutrient lockout, I assume.

So to be sure my ph is correct in the soil, I tested the following ways:
A. Actual soil

1. Two prong cheap ph meter 6.8-7.0 PH
  2. Not so Cheap PH, Nutrient, soil temp probe 7.0
  3. Rapidtest vial testing set - using soil, water at a 1:5 ratio and ph capsule 6.8-7.0

B. Tested pH of Water run off collection after watering today with tap water at Ph7.4 AND Tap water Ph’d down using acetic acid to PH 6.4.
Please note: 3 plants watered with PH 7.4 - 2 plants watered with PH 6.4

1. Apera Instruments, LLC-AI3719 PC60-Z Bluetooth Multi-Parameter Smart Tester Powered by ZenTest Mobile App, Measuring pH/Conductivity/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity/Temp.
    Runoff PH Results: Run off from all 5 plants was a PH 7.1 - 7.2 regardless if i used the ph 7.4 tap or the ph 6.4 tap.

Can someone shed some light on this?
Any links to education, comments, advice are appreciated…

I can post pics if needed, but I am pretty sure the temporary ph nutrient lock out was corrected by the microbiology, at least that is my theory based on the PH readings i got.

edited to remove unauthorized link

2 Likes

Hi @Toddr111, that was the problem!!! Thanks, I didn’t chase a rabbit down a hole without a light, your reply was spot on! Thanks!!

Hi @Reed71 , @PurpNGold74 , @Toddr111 , @6stringT , @BobbyDigital @Growsautos Do any of you have any thoughts?

1 Like

@6stringT @Reed71 @PurpNGold74 @Toddr111 @Growsautos @BobbyDigital

Hi guys, I had more time today to supply all grow information and pics taken last night. I knowI have provided a lot of info. If anything else is needed let me know.

Note: I over watered the seedlings and really stunted them, that is why they are so small at their age.

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Rewind by cross of
Granddaddy Purple and OG Kush Breath

-Age of plant - 52 days from planting seed.

-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• I grow in living soil (40%Peat moss, 30% mushroom compost,
    30% size 3 perlite, amended with ), cover crop,
    mulch, microbes galore.

-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-solo cup transplant to 2.6 gallon nursery pot transplant to 30
gallon fabric pots

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-tap water ph 7.4 or lower, low
-TDS, don’t usually measure this because of living soil (should i be
measuring TDS?)
-runoff 7.1 to 7.2

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• I only top dress worm castings and other soil supplements. I do
    not check before feeding. (Should I check and why?)

-Method used to measure PH and TDS
A. Actual soil
1. Two prong cheap ph meter 6.8-7.0 PH
2. Not so Cheap PH, Nutrient, soil temp probe 7.0
3. Rapidtest vial testing set - using soil, water at a 1:5 ratio and ph
capsule 6.8-7.0
B. Water and runoff
1. Apera Instruments, LLC-AI3719 PC60-Z

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space

• Indoor 5X5b grow tent

-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum

• 1st generation Spider Farmer SF2000 3500-4000k with IR

-Actual wattage draw of lights
-200 watts

-Current Light Schedule
-18/6

-Temps; Day, Night

• Day 77-78F night 73-75F

-Humidity; Day, Night

• Day 65-70% night 50-55%

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-Yes, AC Infinity [6" Inline fan with carbon filter.)

-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-[AC]

-3Humidifiers
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J54TG8L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_W8CX62CY613N0CV78Q2A?tag=greenrel-20

-Dehumidifier

-Co2; Yes, No
-No

Pics:

edited to fix links and remove unauthorized links

1 Like

@Ri0 I would let them dry out and go wet dry watering you are growing with living soil they should straighten out just remember that you don’t want alot of run off don’t want to wash everything out my friend happy growing

1 Like

Hi @Reed71, Thanks for the heads up!!! I don’t water to run off normally, I did that to test the PH to try and isolate where the problem was happening.

1 Like