Need Help identifying New growth issue please

Im having a problem with my 4 week old plant, new growth is coming out cupping up and looking bubblie/patchy i notice now its drooping abit after i mixed 1.5/4 of yates allpurpose plant food to 9l of water, i dont have a ph soil or pen reader as of now but will be investing in one in the next couple of days,

A PH pen will go a long way in helping you. What are you using for lighting? Looks like some stretch going on. Fill in the info below for best help:

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Best of luck!

3 Likes

I have a feeling yates would have an extremely high ph, well above 7. I used it for one watering as a nitrogen additive but then read on the back its whole nitrogen content is nitrogen derived from urea, which can end up being toxic in the soil. Id stay away from those common garden fertilisers if possible, your local hydro shop will have much better stuff at a reasonable price. Also, what kind of light are you using? Cause it looks like its really not powerful enough, and also too far away, which is causing your plant to stretch out too much instead of growing thick and bushy. The drooping is most likely from over watering id say, a common mistake and easily fixable. Just let your soil dry out well before you water next, and repeat the process.

4 Likes

Strain; Type, NA

Soil in pots, coco coir

System type? 18/6?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? NA

What is strength of nutrient mix? TDS

Indoor or Outdoor, Indoor

Light system, size 100watt hps,

Temps; Day 32°, Night 18-23°

Humidity; Day, Night NA

Ventilation system; Yes, size 4" single blade

AC, na

Co2; NA

Sounds like you’ve got it all covered, let us know how it goes :v:

I would say get them lights closer your definitely stretching
Just don’t get close enough you burn them

I will upgrade to a 300hps and reajust the OLH and see how she goes,

Thank you everyone for the advice :slight_smile:

the “sthreching” is due to - plant too far from light , h - type of light using. That really is your biggest issue

2 Likes

Are y’all sure?

It looks like mine, which I took to be light burn.

2 Likes

Seemed to be heat stress

Right so ive upgraded my lights moved her into her new home, i am still waiting for my ph tester to arrive, i havnt been able to flush it out ive just been watering with tap water untill i can test the levels, ive noticed my bottom two leaves are going brown/dieing from the tips and the stem below the new growth is going purple and slowly traveling down, Genetics or Nutrients deficiency/lock out plant kind of looks a little lime green,

17th

18th

Today

1 Like

I’d wait until you can measure your PH before wondering why leaves are yellowing. PH is a huge factor in nutrient intake, so not knowing it, leaves you kinda guessing. Looks pretty healthy though.

2 Likes

I mean, if your PH is off and you correct it (with PH up/down) to 6.5, a lot of problems will solve themselves.

5 Likes

My ph meter final turnd up it has a 6.82 buffer solution would this work for what i need to read since im looking for a ph of 5.0 to 6.5 in my run off, i brought some disstilled water, and i was thinking since our tap water is so high in chlorine, should i water her with that ajusted to the right ph?

The buffer solution is just used to calibrate the ph meter if you suspect it is not working properly. You should be right to go ahead and test the ph of what your putting in, and whats coming out. PH your water to 5.8 before watering her, water till you see some runoff and test the runoff. If it comes out at say, 7.5, then you know you’ve got a hell of a lot of flushing to do. Continue flushing with water ph’ed to 5.8, with roughly 3x the size of your pot. So if you’ve got a 3 gal pot, flush with 9 gal of ph’ed water. Check runoff after every gal. If you reach desired runoff ph (5.8) after only a couple gals then you can stop flushing and your problems solved. Did you end up getting rid of the yates nutrients?
Also, whats the ppms of your tap water? anything over 200 I wouldn’t use for your plants, your better off using distilled. And also to lower chlorine levels in your water, fill up your watering jug and let it sit out for 24-48 hours, this will help chlorine evaporate.

1 Like