Need help identifying a problem with the fan leaves

I noticed that a couple of fan leaves are turning brown, we just had 3 inches of rain could this be the problem, should I remove it or should I leave it. I appreciate any help I can get

If it’s one leaf that’s doing it then I wouldnt worry about it. If you see it appearing all over then you have an issue.

2 Likes

Okay I just noticed a couple of leaves doing this, my plant’s are starting to Flower, I sure don’t want anything to go wrong right now, I’ll keep a eye on them , I appreciate the help

1 Like

That plant looks pretty healthy to me. Should produce nicely. No worries :metal:

1 Like

I know it’s natural for fans leaves to turn yellow when they start the flowering process, it’s just scary to see anything that color, by the way I have the outdoor mix, been doing really good this year

If the whole plant is yellowing from the bottom up then I would throw nitrogen at her. If it’s one or two leaves dying off then your all good.

1 Like

I been using the Fox Farms trio, I just switched to Tiger Bloom, I may need to look at the amount I’m using per gallon, you can definitely burn them up that way

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah you can nuke a plant with that FF stuff. She looks good though. Got a little tip burn but that ain’t a bad thing depending on what you like.

1 Like

Worst problem I had besides insects was Bud Rot, that shit will wipe a grow out, I lost some white widows one time, that’s hard to get rid of, I have found out one thing don’t overdo anything, let it grow as natural as possible outside, I have to grow outside so it’s important to me to have some stash to take me through the winter

1 Like

Outdoor growing is a MF’er. I’ve never ran a plant outdoors. I’m to much of a control freak lol

2 Likes

You’re going to want to continue with grow big as well for at least another 4 weeks or so.

2 Likes

Hopefully I can get me a grow room one day, Hell yeah it’s a battle with bug’s and mother nature outside, Although it’s a Natural Environment, and usually get a big reward!

Thanks for pointing that out: was hoping someone would. Does the stain on leaf rub off? Or is it decaying at that spot? Could it be bird crap?

The best defense against bud rot is a: keep bugs out of your flower and b: mixing lots of airflow (outdoor fan if you have to) and spraying with 3% peroxide and distilled water. I would do like 4 to 1 ratio of water to peroxide. Put in spray atomizer and douche the plant down: it will nuke fungus and kills some garden pests. Then start a program to eradicate insects resident in your plants.

I like and use both of these products:

https://www.amazon.com/Bonide-704725-Captain-Concentrate-1-Quart/dp/B001VJ83LW/?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/Safer-Brand-Caterpillar-Killer-Concentrate/dp/B00GVKZG8E/?tag=greenrel-20

Both of these can be used all the way to harvest. I alternate with one product then peroxide/water after 5 days then the other product and repeat.

This stuff works and is cheap. I would plan on doing a bud wash which I’d do anyway with an outdoor plant.

3 Likes

I’m starting to see a good many white hairs, so that’s why I switched, I have enough left in the Grow big to go 3 more weeks, I’ll definitely switch back, I’m scared of any type of Bud Rot, shit I lost some White Widows before, now that’s a major problem

I’m thank you for showing me these products, it’s not bird crapp, it’s decay on the leaves, it’s been extremely dry and Hot here until yesterday we had a flood , must have rained 4 inches, I been doing really good , plant’s have been healthy, I been using a product called Humboldt Flower Shield witch is a insecticide plus a fungicide, I haven’t had a problem with any pest except grasshoppers eating a few leaves, I hope not to have any problems because there preflowering right now, seeing plenty of white hairs, my first time growing autoflower I been told once they start, it’s show on!

Don’t switch back, use both.

1 Like

Okay, what I been doing has worked all year, I have a couple of Haze that are possibly 10 feet tall. I sure as Hell don’t want anything wipeing my grow out, been a lot of work trying to just keep enough water on them plus spraying them for bugs, I’m going to monitor them and see if it starts spreading, I’m going to let them dry out, until I do anymore watering, or nukeing! None of the new leaves have any problem, just the big fan leaves, and it’s only one plant but it’s the biggest one