Need help here in Nepal, my Hero has Epilepsy

Hemp does not contain any thc at all,better for making ropes and materials type of things,I’m sure with the experience on this site some one can tell you whether it’s hemp or not,I could do with some more pictures,do you know if they are in flower yet and if so how long,it won’t be worth smoking or trying any of it till its finished

1 Like

Yes, I understand the differences, I just can’t identify at this point. None of the plants are flowering yet (no hairy balls vs. bald balls vs. both), so I guess I’ll just wait and report back then. Thx.

Ps. But some of the stalks are jumbo crayon-sized already. Another thought… this is now a residential area but not too long ago this place was just farmland. Perhaps hemp was once grown here, and this is what’s left over.

2 Likes

Definitely a high possibility,is most of the stuff that grows wild the same across the island?

1 Like

I look forward to seeing how they grow,are you going to do a thread

1 Like

So, is this wild hemp or what? Or do I have to wait until it flowers to tell?

More pics:

The only way to know for sure is to have it tested in a lab. Marijuana and hemp look pretty much identical. That said, if it’s ‘weed’, it looks like it’s pretty sativa dominant genetics, and maybe not such a good source of meds for epilepsy. That said, that’s some fine looking corn. And I say it’s still worth a try to make some coconut oil with it, especially since he’s already used to taking capsules. But to save the time, to find out if it’s medicinally useless beforehand, you could dry and smoke a sample once it’s nearing maturity. You’ll know right away if it’s not hemp!

2 Likes

@elheffe702, best info yet el heffe. But how do I know when this is mature or not? Can I just “test” the leaves, as you describe? Thx!

1 Like

Wait till it’s a lot further into its flowering process and it should become a little more sure of what it is,my brother is correct that at this stage it’s almost impossible to tell just from pictures,like it has been said the leaves the fingers are very thin which points to a sativa dominant,if they were fat it’d be indica dominant and more chance of it being a good smoke,keep us updated

2 Likes

I mean one of the buds could be tested. Hemp will flower and look literally just like marijuana…they’re both cannabis. So let them mature, at least a month or more of full on flowering before cutting off a bud to dry and smoke. If it’s hemp, it’ll probably just give you a mild headache. If it’s usable marijuana, you should feel some kind of a buzz pretty quickly. If you have somewhere to have it tested (gas chromatography or whatever, but I’m guessing not in Nepal), you could literally test it and find out not only if it’s hemp or marijuana, but how much THC and whatever else is in it.

2 Likes

@elheffe702 Awesome info, thx. I’ll try what you suggest using the manual method (a gas chromatomer is not available :slight_smile:

3 Likes