Néed help getting big buds

Needing help getting the buds big I’m runnig 2 Aglex cob lights 2000 watts in a 5x5 grow tent inside the house using soil ocean forest on top strawberry field on bottom

**removed image with personal info

Better lighting is much needed

2 Likes

Most definitely need new lights. Other than that they look nice!

I’d recommend getting some lights from HLG. Though I will admit I’m not sure what model would be best for you. Someone will chime in on a recommendation.

Reason being is those lights you’re using aren’t emitting light on the full PAR (Photosenthically Active Radiation) spectrum, which is the spectrum of light that is able to be used for photosynthesis. Also they probably aren’t as powerful as you think… Unfortunately a lot of manufacturers will claim something like 2000 watts, when it’s actually 200… :confused:

Fell like your lights could be closer too.

May want to remove the photo with your name and zip.

1 Like

Big buds require big lights…. And lots of other stuff…

1 Like

What other stuff

1 Like

Not sure if your using anything yet but you’ll need a good nutrient line, fans, ph pen, probably a humidifier… like any other hobby the sky’s the limit

1 Like

You’ll need good lights and good nutrients.
On top of making sure everything runs smoothly.
I’m running three Hlg’s 260w Xl qb R-spec for a total of 750w .
It looks like your probably only pulling 200 watts from the wall and you will definitely need to upgrade lights .
Good luck and happy growing

Agreed. I just had to shell out $697 for another!

1 Like

I guess I’ll see how the lights do on this first grow

2 Likes

@Icecube I’ll tag you in my journal I also used a blurple

1 Like

Ok I’ll be looking for the tag

Tagged bro

What I have learned here and thru my own experience. If you want those HARD DENSE buds we all want it all starts with the best light for your space. Untill that is achieved the rest of the stuff is ALMOST irrelevant as even with the best of everything else cheep lights give cheep results. I learned this and NOW I get hard dense buds. Mind you strain,soil,neuts etc, all come in to play but without good light they dont matter.

2 Likes

OK I understand after I finish this first grow I just used these in my veg tent when I set it up after this grow

1 Like

I looked at them on amazon. I wish it had spectrum chart. PPFD isn’t bad and at 400w per light, it has the power. It may lack efficacy and spectrum of new diodes.

I’m using a 600watt HPS. You will get the best yield out of something like this. Proper nutrient feeding, flushing, fans etc will also help as well. Fans do more than help promote growth and keep the plant/tent cool. They also help the branches become stronger to be able to withstand holding the buds without bending

Happy growing

1 Like

Lol, 8 days later… for that price point, let me guess……hlg600rspec?

Yep. Worth every penny.

2 Likes