NEED HELP! first timer

Pictures will help you figure the bug out. If you can.

4 Likes

Yup, need to figure out what kind of bug it is so you can take appropriate treatment measures.

2 Likes

Definitely need pics

2 Likes

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to take pics but I guess if I come across next time I’ll snap a pic. Thanks guys

2 Likes

@Wannabe @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @repins12 how do you know when a seedling become a veg? Also how much to water if my plant has three set of leaves? Should I transfer from solo cup to 5g now?

Good morning. As far as transplanting, I can’t tell without a picture. General rule of thumb, when leaves reach the outer edge of the solo cup although, I have had a few ready before this point. As far as water, same thig, hard to tell without pictures. In the beginning plants don’t need a lot of water at first. When you do up pot be very careful not to over water. I hope that this helps :v:

1 Like

I consider my plants vegging when they have leaves in addition to the cotyledons. They are no longer seedlings at that point. Exact amount of water depends on your growing media and how dry they are. If you’re in solo cup, pretty good chance they won’t need more than a shot glass worth at the most. If you’re using dome and misting maybe even less.

I usually look to transplant once the plant leaves extend over the edges of cups.

2 Likes

Yup that… :point_up_2::point_up_2:

@Covertgrower @repins12 @Wannabe @Myfriendis410 @ This is the overview I have the HLG 260w 3k kit on the lowest setting at the moment.

The last one is the only one that I’m having issues with at the moment. I won’t stand on its own and just drops so I had to create a support for it. Please help.

2 Likes

I’m using FFHF with a little of FFOF at the bottom of the solo cup. The light at the lowest setting and maybe needs to be put a bit higher. HLG told me to put the light at 24in @ half power during veg but idk when it goes to veg or if it’s ready to transplant

1 Like

Height looks good. The last plant looks over watered it looks like. Are there holes in the bottom of the cup?

2 Likes

You can stake her up until she is strong enough to stand on her own :v:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower yes, all cups have holes at the bottom

1 Like

@repins12 so the way I got it now should be good to get her going on her own? Will a little breeze help?

1 Like

Personally, I would hold off until I up pottted. Just my opinion. It won’t be long before you will be doing so. :v:

2 Likes

@repins12 @Covertgrower thanks guys

2 Likes

Anytime, my friend :+1: :+1: :+1: :v:

2 Likes

Keep a clear dome over them, you can heap soil up on the stem to support it and bring the lights down as they are stretching for light.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 always coming through! Should turn the light up a bit since it’s on it’s lowest setting at the moment?

1 Like

@repins12 @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Wannabe should I transplant 2 of the 4 plants to the 5g since the roots are already coming through the bottom of the solo cups?

2 Likes