Need help fast loosing my babies! Ph drop!

Growing black widow just switched to flower 2nd week. My ph keeps dropping from 5.8 to 4.5-4.9 over night. I found my filter got clogged burnt up fan must had been dustier n my shop than i thought. 5x5 Grow tent. Im growing using distilled water my tap has over 420 ppms. I have been using all GH nutes. I changed out water ran GH Flora clean through it was fine for a day now its back again. My plants were so beautiful now im loosing them. Its been going on for over a week. I keep using GH ph up to try and keep it back up. Please help…

1 Like

Also i have kept my water temp high 60’s the entire time with hydrogaurd for root protection!

Do a slurry test on soil, what kind of ph meter ya got and type of soil ya using? Make out a ticket so people can help

Pretty sure he’s running hydro…water grow

2 Likes

How about filling this out. Please be as detailed as possible. For example: if soil; WHAT soil? WHAT lights and distance and power. This will help greatly to help you.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

2 Likes

Black widow from ILGM
Hydroponics- distilled water

• Vessels: 4 5 gal Buckets with 1- 5 gal bucket res.
  • PH of Water is 5.8 when adding nutes
  • PPMs 1150-1300 All general hydro products
  • Indoor
  • Lights 2 - 1000 led lights
  • Temps; Day 70-72 night 65-70 not alot of drop
  • Humidity; Day and nite 50-60 %
  • Ventilation system; Yes, 8 in fan
  • Humidifier,
    Co2; Yes co2 bag
    [/quote]

@Myfriendis410 can you tag bomb some hydro people?

2 Likes

You must get up some pictures as well… Someone will come along… @peachfuzz maybe

2 Likes

This is why; rez size is too small

Never exceed 1,100 ppm in flower unless plant tells you differently.

What exactly are these lights?

CO2 bag is a waste of time and money. The only way you can use CO2 is in a closed loop system at high partial pressures (toxic levels for animals and people) and HIGH intensity/high efficacy lights. I would guess you have none of these.

What is your rez temp?

I run GH Flora series and as long as you keep your TDS below what I stated you should be fine. The reason your PH drops is because you lack sufficient reservoir size to ‘buffer’ the solution. The plants are exchanging waste salts with the rez and driving PH down. That, or you have developed pythium and the rotting plant material is acidifying your rez.

1 Like

You might also be mixing your nutrients in the wrong order and causing nutrient lockout which could also cause a major ph shift , might also explain why its happening so fast…
And also like @Myfriendis410 said , it would be alot easier to manage with a bigger res…
If your using 6" net baskets , than you really only have 15 gallons of solution in your whole system…
Are you maintaining a 2 inch air gap from water line to net basket…?
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Ooh I forgot that one, thanks! Very good point.

Can you tell us precisely what you are using and in what quantities?

1 Like

1 Like

My air gap is been at 1 inch for net basket so im guessing i need to drop the level. Im using the giixer 1000 led lights. For 70 days i didnt have any issues at all everything stayed level where needed then i turned to flower when it all started.

1 Like

I mix starting using cal mag then the order the GH grow sheet tells me.

1 Like

The reason I asked about lights is if the plants are under inadequate light the solution concentration should be lower. Same if the RH is low: increased transpiration. If nutrient load is too high you will burn the plants. In your case I’m gonna say you are likely on the low end of light amount so another reason to go easy on nutes.

Is this your light? Only 115 watts with a small footprint won’t be enough to flower one plant; much less multiples.

https://www.amazon.com/Giixer-Wireless-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Flowering/dp/B07MKML17H/?tag=greenrel-20

Here is what roots look like

if i need to take pic under regular lite i can find a light to help. The flash on my phone wasnt doing justice enough.

1 Like

Giixer 1000W LED Grow Light, Dual…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HFC7HV5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Would a 3rd lite help? I have another one!

1 Like

You are looking for 50 watts per square foot with these lights. You could flower off a larger plant with two of them.

You can finish your grow with these but I would strongly suggest you look into upgrading to a better lighting system than these: they are all misleading at best and lying at worst.

I would look at Horticulture Lighting Group, or CHILled Logic, or Spider Farm. There is not one decent light coming out of China that is housed in one of these boxes.

2 Likes

I was worried about all that. Would another one help at all

1 Like