Need help diagnosing please!

Hey All! Long time listener, first time caller. I have a couple of trouble seedlings that are exhibiting some issues I’ve never dealt with before.

Here a little backstory-
The middle (jenny Kush) and far right (do si dos) both seem to have the exact same problem. They’re about 3 weeks old and are showing symptoms of overwatering, yet, the medium is very dry. I had used water from our home water dispenser for the last few waterings. I’m wondering if the water may have a whacky PH or if they have contracted a weird disease. I went a week between the last 2 waterings and didn’t give them much. At this point I’m afraid of abstaining from watering for too long given the dryness of medium.

Thank you for reading my novel and I’m very much looking forward to helpful advice! Thanks all!

1 Like

Probably time to transplant.
They are draining the lower leaves for nutrients to keep growing.

4 Likes

I agree. I would cut off any leaves that are yellowing or hitting the dirt before transplant.

3 Likes

Thank you, @Spiney_norman . Really appreciate the help. That would’ve literally been the last thing I thought of!!

1 Like

Do you have drain holes in the bottom of the cups? Welcome to the community by the way!!!

4 Likes

Much appreciated, @Borderryan22 . Thank you!

Yep, holes in the bottoms of each cup as well as the sides.

3 Likes

Ok cool. Saw the side holes just wasn’t sure there were any at the bottom

4 Likes

I brought a bag of soil inside to warm up overnight. Will transplant and report back soon. Thank you all very much for your help!

2 Likes

@VictorPascow Welcome!..Im not the expert but do have a few under my belt… What kind of soil? Also looks to me anyway is that they may be receiving too much nitrogen (are you feeding them?) next too much water…also I like to use a clear solo cup that I drill holes into the bottom and the very lower sides/base and stick it into a colored solo cup…This way if you need to you can lift it out of the outer cup and see whats what on the moisture level. About three weeks is probably good to transplant them and this year my babies went in late…a few had some signs I didn’t like BUT after the transplanting they correct themselves (sometimes more than not)…Just keep trying…reading etc… There`s a ton of good people here on ILGM forums to help you out! Good Luck…and keep us posted!

3 Likes

Thanks @AL_GREEN . Much appreciated. I always start using FF Happy Frog and then mix in about 10% coco/perl for the next transplant. I never feed seedlings which is the main reason I was so caught off guard with the change in appearance. It definitely looked very much like overwatering or a deficiency of some sort. Those two both sprouted and initially grew way faster than normal so I wouldn’t be surprised if they had very quickly used up the small amount of resources available during their time in the baby cups. Those are all very great suggestions, thank you! All were transplanted this evening and I’ll report back with a health check in a few days!

4 Likes

Definitely do, we’ll be on standby to assist if needed.

Welcome aboard and happy growing.

4 Likes

Thanks again for all your help everyone. Plants have been transplanted for a few days and have made a full recovery. Looks like I had just waited too long to move them to larger pots!

4 Likes

Excellent…you can keep us updated even if no problems…good luck!

1 Like

@VictorPascow HMm that’s what I did this season…I got ahead of myself and didn’t have all the fabric pots ready and I think my crops would have been better if I had transplanted them earlier…but it all turned out pretty good after they once took hold! Let us know!

1 Like

Hey everyone. I just wanted to thank you all again for your helpful advice. 1 is still a bit behind in growth, but all in all they’re doing really great. Thank you!!

4 Likes

Glad to see things are going well…good job.

2 Likes

Thanks man!