Need help deciding on how to vent my 8x4 tent

I have a 8x4 tent with 2 burple bs lights and a 1000w hps. i have all 6inch ducting i need for where i need to get to which is like 20 foot away from tent. i also have a 6 inch inline with a controller and a AC infinity T6 with temp and hunidty controller. as of right now i have the regular inline sucking out through the hood about 10 foot away from the tent and the T6 blowing air in from the top corner. temp at about 86 87. and i have a CO2 bag in there too. Pics availible please help!!

Is the glass installed on light hood? Also sounds like you have a lot of duct. You may want to see if you can reduce the length and remove as many bends in it as possible

2 Likes

i have as few bends as possible. this will vent outside my house too, not just to another room

was thinking about either putting ducting out of tent or adding the T6 to the end of the light. right now i am dealing with a lot of bloating in the tent.

You could add a booster fan inline to the long duct.

Turn the t6 around and suck the hot air out of the top of the tent, open bottom flap and air should come in

2 Likes

i already have suction out through the light. i can see how that would work… maybe ill give that a go for a bit and see

1 Like

It should work good

1 Like

solved the bloating but my temp is still hovering close to 90…

Bottom flap opposite side of the tent of the t6 , what’s the temp outside the tent?

i have 2 flaps open, out side temp is 78 79. another issue is my veg is right outside my flower so i cant open all the flaps. i can open one of the side doors a little on the bottom. maybe if i flip the light fan around because it is starting to get colder out and i have a bug screen

I think the with that temperature outside the tent you going have heat issues i have a fresh air from outside, and run my lights at night

1 Like

And you don’t need another inline for the intake, the exhaust fans will pull the air in

@Tinman as mentioned pulling and exhausting warm stale air out the top. General rule if you’re using 6-inch out the top open two 6in pass through holes at the bottom pulling fresh air up through the tent adjust your variable speed on your fan to get that negative pressure inside tent. Which should give you 100% Odor Control

1 Like

Thats how mine is set up, 2 six inch intakes, one from outside and one from garage(the garage intake is for when its to hot or to cold outside), and one 6 inch t6 exhaust. I put a portable ac in there to combat the hot temps this summer. Ive been heating and cooling and moving air for the last 20 years

1 Like

I have basically the same setup that old saying easiest way to control temperature inside the tent is to control temperature in the lung room you are pulling fresh air from.

2 Likes

yea that was my thought. need ac, should be ok with winter coming tho.

1 Like