Need help concerning curling leaves and nutrient burn

Hey everyone, I’m sure the question I will be asking has been asked by multiple people. I was concerned about my plants after I added some liquified seaweed concentrate. (ALG-A-MIC)

I’m currently using an HLG 225 Watt grow light.

Miracle gro soil. I used this since my Fox farms ocean mix was on its way from amazon.

I have the light about 12-18 inches above the plants.

Humidity and temperature are consistently 30C and 50%-55%.

I have not been overwatering.

This is the Do-si-lato #7 strain.

I began this feeding with 1 gallon of tap water that was left out for 48 hours to remove any chlorine. I added about 3mg of seaweed concentrate and today I noticed some slight nutrient burn. I also think I have some nitrogen toxicity. At this point I’m not sure if I should flush or leave them be.

These are some photos of the damage.

How old are they? Are they clones? What’s in the Algamic? How much/often are you feeding and watering in those solo cups with miracle grow?

1 Like

These clones were purchased June 23rd so they are about 10 days old in my setup. I originally had them outside in the greenhouse but transitioned them inside. The Algamic doesn’t have a detailed breakdown of what is inside of it but I am under the impression there are tons of trace elements inside. I water depending on how dry the soil is. If the cups are light when I pick them up and the soil is dry to the touch I usually give them watering of a quarter to 50% of their total volume. I have not given them any nutrients besides the Algamic.

Until they’re fully rooted, be careful. Once fully rooted, transplant asap.

2 Likes

My advice: get out of MG soil ASAP.

Concentrated fertilizer, moisture retention additives and lack of PH buffering means your plants are going to suffer sooner or later.

Promix makes a soil, Roots Organics makes a soil line, of course Fox Farms, Home Depot carries ‘Black Magic’ as well.

2 Likes

What would you define fully rooted as? Thanks again!

Right on, thank you! I’ll definetly look into transplanting ASAP in 3 gallon pots.

1 Like

Lmao! Going to steal this

1 Like

I was given this as a birthday card

1 Like