Need help community “1st time grower” please help

I’m on day 14 of my auto flower GSCE grow, very first grow so I’m new to the trade and here’s my girl

Is she looking normal for her age and where should my temp and humidity be at this point I got her at 78 degrees F and 73 rh(stays consistent at light and dark stage) but I’m using a spider farmer sf1000 in a 2x2 tent I have the dimmer switched to max at this point and it’s hanging 23” above my plant. Please help with any and all help, advice, or suggestions??? Is she good or what because I feel like she is falling short of where she should be at this stage but I’m a first time grower so I could be wrong !!! Please let me now as soon as possible. Thanks everyone

4 Likes

Sorry if I’m getting annoying with all the questions just our first grow and we want to learn/do it right???

@M.W.P.P I messaged on your other post but if you drop your light down to 18 inches she how she does

2 Likes

Thank you just dropped Her down

FORUM READERS appreciate full information about hardware and grow.
Age is nothing. I have a seedling the looked tortured for one mis-shaped cotyledon and leaf.
3 days later after care and love it is a giant

Seems as though the ppd at upper portion is proper but lower levels are seeing a hard drop. Do you have your light dimmed? If so think about increasing the distribution of light (increase dimmer 2x amount) and increase distance of light from canopy.

If distance is 10” from top canopy, increase distance (6” [+/- 2”] from canopy + increase intensity of light) to create a more even distribution of light in area.

This should increase density of node sites and decrease strength in plant.

You’re doing a fine job , I would add a small 6" fan create a little air flow Enough to make the little lady jiggle strengthen the stem. Good luck

4 Likes

I already have two small 6 inch fans blowing, should I turn them towards it more???

1 Like

Yeah , enough to make her move ( jiggle) .

1 Like

K thank u, when should I take my lights off dimmer and switch to full strength??? It’s maxed out on dim now???

1 Like

Does this mean you have it turned all the way DOWN? Lowest light level possible?
Normally its termed as " Dimmer set to lowest setting." Set to MAX makes us think you have the light on its Brightest setting.

This is their own recommendation…

So Your plant is at the end of seedling and beginning Veg. SO you could go at least 50% Maybe starting around 20" and see how the plant reacts.

4 Likes

No sorry I have my dimmer as high as it can go so as bright as the dimmer mode goes but I can flip it out of dimmer mode and increase my light strength by alot???

Yeah I see the guide but is that for their dimmer setting or the increased lighting???

Im a bit lost here.
All I see on the light as depicted in Spider Farmers info is the main power on/off switch and the dimmer.
I dont see a “Dimmer Mode” selector. But only on my first cup of coffee so I am not really awake yet.

No ur actually right I was mistaken it says it’s an on and off switch but no matter which way it’s flipped it’s on just one way seems to be way bright to me. Sorry for the overlook I’m definitely a rookie to this at this point.

1 Like

So what we see is a plant stretching a bit. So it needs more light intensity.
The recommended setting is now 60% to 90% at 18 to 24 inches from the top of the plant.
Perhaps try 75% at 18" inches and see what happens. If in 3 to 5 days its nodes are too close raise the light or lower the intensity. If its still stretching you can lower the light or turn up the intensity.
Overall your plant looks fine. What you would like to see is shorter spacing between the nodes. Marked on your pic I added arrows to below.

K thank you so much I’m very new to this being my first grow ever so I need all the help and advice I can get. I appreciate it all

1 Like

No worries. I was exactly the same when I joined, but I learned everything on this forum and now grow pretty good plants. I am by no means an expert, but I get 3 pounds a year out of a 3x4 tent.

1 Like

If possible download photone app it free, it will give you, your DLI and help you get your light where it needs to be. Also I have a spider farm sfd-1000, mine has 2 switches on it. One is on/off the another IDK, it’s above on the driver ? I leave mines flipped on. I use that light in my 27,27 inches tent right now.

2 Likes