Need help choosing light for my 4x4?!

And does HLG have those bars type or are they all boards? I’m surfing over there website right now a little

Get the r-spec, should have red heatsink. They don’t make strip styled light that big, just a smaller one that you would need a few of.

1 Like

How difficult are these things to assemble will someone like me be able to follow the download instructions and do it myself? Or am I gonna be Soldering and fusing wires together??

Hlg-600 im talking about comes assembled. But not difficult to assemble either.

1 Like

Ok good to know

HLG- Scorpion 600 @dbrn32 what are your thoughts? Would it be worth buying to spread light throughout my canopy more or should I buy one or two Of their smaller versions to put on the side later? Or will the regular hlg 600 spec cover me perfectly? Almost ready to order haha then I’ll stop harassing you about this light :nerd_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It’s a better light, really comes down to how much you value the extra $200. The hlg-600 is plenty big enough for the space you are in now.

2 Likes

I think you will be happy with however you spend your money to be honest your comparing two of the best lighting companies in terms of bang for buck and quality.

I like the very even coverage on the bar light, the other thing that attracts me to the kingbrite (aside from the cost but as @dbrn32 said hlg will have you sorted within days and kingbrite will get it sorted but it won’t be as fast as hlg that’s for sure) is the kingbrites have red and far red + a little UV. Although I’m not sure how much he little amount of uv does it’s more about the red & far red combo, this allows you to benefit from the Emmerson Effect.
The Emerson effect is the increase in the rate of photosynthesis after chloroplasts are exposed to light of wavelength 680 nm (deep red spectrum) and more than 680 nm (far red spectrum). When simultaneously exposed to light of both wavelengths, the rate of photosynthesis is far higher than the sum of the red light and far red light photosynthesis rates.
The bar light will give the best even coverage I think so that’s where my vote goes.

Although if you do have any doubts or you one of those people that hate running errands or dealing with an issue if it does come up and thst puts the fear of anxiety, my girlfriend is like that she wknt even complain at the drive through if her orders wrong lol.
Then go with the hlg.

I’m the type of person who has no problem with this sort of thing.
I have a bad soder join on one of my boards it still works I reached out to kingbrite but am probably going to get another board so they are gonna send a whole replacement when I order my next board and I’m fine with that.
They sounded like they were going to send it anyways but it was my idea to hold off until I make this next order.
HLG’s are top notch that for sure and you know your getting the best diodes I jsut don’t know why they arnt putting far red in their boards yet… Maybe it’s because they sell it as an add on to get more par out of the main board.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot fellas truly for all this info y’all have helped me out more than you know and fed me so much info I love it! Very big choice and like @Nicky said I should be happy with whoever I spend my money :dollar:. And my baby’s will too when they get started!

2 Likes