Need help choosing a good grow light

Hey family I need some help picking out a new grow light. A friend of mine just bought one that cost him 1000 dollars. It’s this one.

I found a smaller one a 350 instead of the 700 because it only fits in a gorilla tent. It was mad specifically for gorilla. But they have a 350. And I found one for 800. Can anyone show me a better light and for less money.

Can’t post a link to it but look up Horticulture Lighting Group: 350 R-Spec

Horticulture Lighting Group HLG 600 V2 RSpec Full-Spectrum 600W Quantum Board LED Grow Light (Full Cycle / Flower)

This is a top of the line light for $699. No better light made out there.

11 Likes

What size tent? 4x4?

Are you aware Far Red (FR) is generally not recommended for veg or the initial flowering period.

3 Likes

Sometimes Horticulture Lighting Group has discounted refurbs in stock that aren’t listed in their website, so you can call them about that. I bought a refurb (different model than what’s posted) from them a couple months ago, I’ve been very happy with it.

1 Like

Ah i didn’t even think to ask them!

Thanks I will call them

1 Like

Would this be enough for a 4 by 4 by 80 grow tent.

I know I have a smaller light that I am useing now that will be when they get bigger.

That light pictured would be more than enough. If it were mine I’d run it no higher than 80% of peak output which makes for a higher efficiency light.

So I just picked up a brand new hlg 300L R spec for 100$ cash. He has 11 Lux light 80$ a piece. Seems pot industry is closing down and prices of bud dropping . Going to be a lot of sales

1 Like

If it’s a 4x4, I’d be looking at a refurbished hlg 650r. $649, and if DUDE code still works, an additional discount.

Hlg blackbird 600 wat mine is pushing 647 wat on the watt meter. Scorpion series. Flower a 4x4 with it.

3 Likes

Thanks so much im just getting started and I just want to do it right.

1 Like

So I went with the new scorpion from HLG.

I’m thinking I may have made a mistake I should have went with this one.

Just because it comes with the UV with the scorpion I’ll have to buy the UV separate I feel like asking them to throw it in see what they say.

1 Like