Need help choosing a cheap light for flowering

Very nice!!!

2 Likes

@Jaystr0 you can go on hlg website and buy you a heatsink and a driver separate and have you another light, for veg . It worked out good for you. :+1:

5 Likes

You can flip now and change board later if you want. A couple days isn’t going to change anything. Waiting couple days for new board probably isn’t going to change much either.

4 Likes

Happy cake day! @CoyoteCody

thank you!!

1 Like

I wished this happened to me.

5 Likes

Pretty sure that’s exactly what it is. It looks like it does something, so people think it does something. In reality it probably does very, very little.

For real man. I’m so broke that would be a miracle… lol.

2 Likes

Indeed it did. I was already on the way to search for kits minus boards on the webs and decided to check y’all out right quick.

1 Like

Super salient point when I objectively examine it.

1 Like

Sometimes mistakes can end up being a good thing. I ordered a Reverse Osmosis water filter system and FedEx kept loosing it and the company kept re-sending it. After it was sorted out and I got my filter system, about a month later FedEx showed up with TWO more systems, for free, for me.

I sold one of them for $150 and still have one all boxed up brand new.

It was this system…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9HPE6X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

@Roudy420 NICE :+1:t3:

I bought a hlg 100 off Amazon for a buck n change. No complaints. Just make sure you get 3000 spectrum not 4K.

1 Like

@dbrn32 sorry to bother you, but I didn’t want to use the waterproof connector so I used the Wagos. Do I pair the wires that were coded for a certain connection (ie. green from power & green/yellow are both coded to connect to the GOLD terminal) to the same Wago? See pic☞

@dbrn32 also…do the +/- wires look correct? The tech knew I had an issue with the other connector so he labeled the wires. Was I supposed to remove the power wire he inserted and replace it with the wire coming from the driver or did I do it right? Same for both polarities.

Thanks once again bro :pray:t3:

@Covertgrower @kellydans @CoyoteCody @AfgVet
Can you guys look at my post about wiring the HLG R-spec and let me know if I did it correctly or if I (predictably) screwed up… again? Many thanks :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Yes, just like you connected ground from cord and ground from driver into 1 wago. Its nothing more than a fancy wire nut.

I can’t tell on your board wiring though. Its a 135 kit?

2 Likes

Yeah. Got it all set up :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Your plants is going to love you for this. One bright ass light.

1 Like

Oh yeah. I wonder why they put adjustment pots for voltage and amps on the driver? It’s already maxed out from the company and won’t draw more than 135w, but maybe it’s to turn it down if desired?

1 Like