Need help Cal mag deficiency?

Plants are doing good but I believe they are showing deficiencies. I gave them nutes 3 waters ago and they did not do well so I have been giving them just ph 6.0 water 1 gallon allowing run off every 7 days

Today is day 7 I’m wondering if I should add nutes or maybe just cal mag

They are definitely getting hungry. Are you in soil? 6.0 is a little low. 6.2-.8 is what you want to shoot for. Calmag every water between feeding.

2 Likes

Good evening! Have you done a support ticket? What soil are you in?
Probably a support ticket would be best.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you aew not sure, just bring it to oue attention. We will figure it out.

Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?

Otigin of seeds?

Regular, feminized, or autoflower?

Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?

PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?

Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.

Nutrients or fertilizer system used.

What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.

What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?

What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?

Co2 Yes / No?

How long have you been growing?

What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?

If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.

Anything you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey.

3 Likes

Indoor grow - size of grow 4 x 4 tent

Otigin of seeds? Crop king GG4, gorilla cake, revolver

autoflower

Origin of water. PHof source water?

Tap water phd to 6.0

PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? Not sure what you mean

Grow method? Soil fox farm

Nutrients cal mag and micro flora combo bloom veg and grow ones the basic micro flora I believe I gave them three nutrient feeding total and saw tons of problems so i switched to just 6.0 water for the last three weeks and they have been doing great until now.

What typr of lighting are you using? Mars hydro TSW2000

What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?

Steady 75 degrees american temp

What is the RH = 45 to 50 occasionally jumps up to 58

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? I have both on hand but try to avoid using them

Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"? Yes but not cut on yet because smell is not an issue where I’m growing

Co2 Yes / No? Yes pro harvest hanging plus tnb naturals on floor and plan to start watering with sparking water

How long have you been growing? First time

What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? 3k

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir? ??

Here are better pics

1 Like

2 Likes

They look hungry to me. I give calmag every feeding. I feed nutrients every other feeding. I use FF Trio. I don’t see any nutrient burn so I’m not sure that over feeding is your issue. I will tag a couple folks for their opinion. @MrPeat @PurpNGold74 @kellydans van y’all give an opinion? Thank You :blush:

2 Likes

have you used 6.0 ph all the way through the grow. That is way too low for soil.

When you gave them nutrients what was the pH

This the question I asked above. What was the pH of the nutrient mix (solution) you gave. When you mix nutrients taking a TDS (total dissolved solids) another term is PPM (parts per million). This tells you how much / what is the concentration of the nutrient solution.

What did the plants do / what was the adverse reaction to the nutrients?

6 Likes

I’m no pro but the look hungry and your soil looks pretty dry. When i grew in FF i shot for 6.3-6.5 ph in. I never let my soil get completely dry but the pots would be light.

EDIT: i see beardless has you covered and they are a pro. so you are in good hands.

5 Likes

My frist thoughts plant looks hungry, Follow up By watering to run off an check PPM
an PH make adjustments accordingly. Overall plants look good just need to pick up feeding a little.

3 Likes

Sorry you guys have to dumb yourselves down so much I’m new to growing and learning as I go. And yes the pants haven’t had water in 7 days today at 10:40 cdt is when they will get a 1 gallon water allowing runnoff I figured its would better to water less then more to often being new I’m asking for advice on what should I water with tonight. Here is the answer to your question beardless thanks for being patient

The first pics are how they started looking with nutrients dark green stunted growth I had them on a every other day water schedule getting about a half gallon of pure ph water 6.2 and every other water I used the schedule below. I switched to 1 gallon every 7 days just ph 6.0 balanced water flushing the old nutes out and the next pics show that progress and now they look like the original pictures seeming to lack calcium and magnesium in my opinion

1 Like

@beardless what should I water with tonight ? Nutrients and cal mag or just cal mag ?

They be hungry. Cal-mag I don’t see that deficiency. Especially in soil. Out of all my grows, I have never needed Cal-mag. Now if you are using say RO water then go for it.

Now the one time I used it the plants went down faster than a $2 hooker. I had to destroy them which was a hard lesson learned.

2 Likes

So you would advise feeding nutrients without cal mag when they wake up ?

1 Like

Personally I would pass on Cal-mag. That
deficiency will look like this.

This is serious advanced stages of Cal-mag deficiency. It will start out with small rust spots and this photo shows exactly what to look for.

And when you use Cal-mag do it on water only days. :+1:

3 Likes

I would feed nutrients only - NO calmag @MrPeat
PH the solution to 6.7 - 6.8 (a little on the higher side because of previous low pH water)

A couple notes / observations

Dark green is OK, it is when they start looking glossy, have a waxy appearance it is an indication of Nitrogen overload.
Stunted growth - that is a very subjective observation. Many variables are in play, including the nature of living things. Often light has a major role in the plant’s height. Generally the closer the light is and the higher its intensity, the more compact (short internode spacing) it will be. So, that is the first question to be asked. Should the light be raised or dimmed?
The other point is these are autos. Apparently they are very sensitive / react negatively to stress or changes. I only grew autos a couple of times when first starting, so can’t say with certainty this is true. Growing photos is a hell of a lot more enjoyable for me. Maybe they needed to adjust to receiving nutrients - I doubt it. Were they recently transplanted - that can throw them off.
I don’t know if the flora nutrients has a history of needing calmag supplementation like fox farm trio does. I am not familiar or used them. That said, I would follow Flora’s feed instructions and hold off on calmag. Hopefully this will get them back on the right track.
Typically in soil, supplements like calmag are given on water only days. Same with silica.
Good luck

2 Likes

Excellent advise given all around. Except the calmag thing. Cmon now Peat… u know ur an outlier. Ive NEVER finished a grow without it. Heck I couldnt get 2 weeks into flower (4 from flip) without deficiencies EVERYWHERE haha.

Anywho Hello @Chriscrappie1234 Welcome to the Forum. Ur in the right place my guy. Thanks for the tag @Flitme

There are a few N tox looking spots in the lowers. U can tell they reacted adversely to that first feeding. Was perhaps a TAD too soon.

The yellowing from the tips in (wide spread yellowing going inwards, not the burnt tips as burnt tips, clawing leaves, and waxey dark green leaves represent N toxicity usually

).
But this….
Looks kinda like a K deficiency. Im not QUITE sure. But an early one if so. She’s in early flower and the PK need only goes up, which you can see by the feed schedule.

Speaking of feed schedule. Biggest issue new growers have (besides overwatering and pH HEED THE PH ADVISE) is realizing less is more. New parents have a tendency to over love… over feeding, over handling, over analyzing… nutrient companies are in it for the profit margin, thus their feed schedules are often too heavy to encourage more purchases. I ALWAYS start out at 25%… thats after 4-5 weeks in some fresh FF soil (they are pretty loaded and wont need supplements normally til after then).

So…. Since I wrote another book…

TL;DR: pH should be 6.3-6.8 in soil, when u start back feeding; start LOW, follow the feed-water-feed schedule with calmag on water days (ALWAYS PH), monitor runoff to see if your pH is drifting up, and dont overthink.

Also this is a hungry for everything look in a leaf.

That ugly one at the bottom probably would have died off regardless. Ignore it lol

5 Likes