Need help asap, nutrient burn

Fruit punch auto, 4 weeks
The super soil I’m using (SoHum soil) is burning Her up, it’s killing all the new growth Too I need to fix it ASAP, don’t have a ph meter to test the run off either

Fill out the below support ticket. Fill it out as best you can, if you don’t have an answer, just put N/a

You’re going to need a pH meter if you want to have a successful grow. It is probably one of the most important tools.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

From the sohum web site…

Did you use sohum soil entirely? Or did you use another soil for the area the seedling is in?
If not it’s a good possibility that’s why she looks like that.
If you haven’t yet take a look at the FAQ,s on their web site…even call them direct and ask them best practice…

Hope this helps

1 Like

Yeah I used a regular soil for the seedling to grow from week 3 and transferred it to the SoHum, don’t know how I’m going water it from the bottom or if it’s going to help it

You put a plant saucer under the pot and water in the saucer…it wicks up…add more…or get a bigger saucer size that hold more water.
For me wicking up from saucer works great when they are young

2 Likes

This works with fabric pots?

1 Like

Absolutely
All the ones I’ve used so far anyway
If the water can run out of the bottom from top watering it can wick up too

Thanks man, you have a picture of it?

If she’s only in the soil a week then you should be able to lift her back out, put her in another bigger pot with the same soil she started life in. Maybe even mix a little bit of the Sohum soil in with it for nutrition. Let her develop for a few more weeks before transplanting into her forever home with either Sohum soil or a mixture of both

2 Likes

Is that going to shock her to much? Being a month old don’t want to much to shock to stop growth. Does sound good tho

1 Like

ezgif-4-e4624b7c5f72_large

Saucer works the same way. Just water from the bottom and she will draw what she needs. If mine dry out this is how I bring em back :sunglasses:

1 Like

Be gentle and don’t disturb her roots. Start way out wide and deep. Work your way in gently trying to get the root ball to move upwards. You should have an idea of where the edge of the root ball is and work toward it. Remember though gently gently catches the monkey. You go in hard and she will punish you :sunglasses:

1 Like

How do you know it’s dried out if your not watering the top soil and when to water again

1 Like

And is it a good idea to mix the soils 50/50? It’s living soil

Dried out plants. You will see a gap appear around the edges between soil and pot. Your plant will also start to shows signs of fatigue and start to look limp and sad. Any water you try to add at this point will just run straight out the bottom so a saucer placed underneath will catch this runoff and allow the plant to wick it back up, slowly hydrating the soil. As for mixing soils, I try it to see if it works. You enrich your soil using the sohum, as for 50/50 not sure what the right ratio would be as I’ve never used it. Take notes as you’re doing it and you will find a recipe that suits your needs

1 Like

Another good way to tell when they are dried out is, by the weight of the pot. This is the method that I use with my indoor soil grows :v:

4 Likes

From what I’ve gathered reading the sohum web site the initial start of a seedling or a clone you’ll want to use a less nutrient dense soil like a seedling soil until roots have developed. Whether you start them in a smaller container with seedling starter soil and then transplant that into the final home or go directly into the final pot you’ll want to provide that buffer soil so as not to have too much nutrients that can cause burns etc.
Here is a pic of what you would want to do when putting tailed seed directly into final pot. Not necessarily to scale as far as how much starter soil used but shows how you would want to fill pot with sohum and then the starter soil in center area for putting in tailed seed.

As suggested you may want to carefully remove her now and adjust your soil in pot and add some starter soil and place back in. Starter soil will be available at most hardware stores or nurseries etc this time of year…spring time.
I know the FAQ,s on sohum site says not to worry about the Ph of the water your using BUT you’ll want to know what the Ph is of the water your using and in my opinion if the Ph is too high say over 7.2 or so I would adjust it down to somewhere near 6.5 using citric acid which is living soil friendly.

The soil has buffering capacity to adjust the Ph but can only do so much. Any soil you add like starter soil will be populated with the bacteria and Fungi that is present in the sohum even though the starter soil didn’t have any to begin with.
Here is a great article explaining living soils etc.
edit: removed unauthorized link

She may power through the issues she’s having now if you leave it as is but I don’t know for sure.

Here is a link to my journal with pics showing watering from saucer wicking up into soil…

Up to you on leaving as is or removing it and adjusting soil etc.
Either way she’ll be stunted for awhile while recovering.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

This all helped a lot, going to replant and water from the bottom, hopefully everything goes okay

2 Likes

Uploading: 37EA1DC5-DC3C-4E2E-ABAB-61DFFB03AFFF.jpeg…

Just repotted, would say it’s about 30% starting fert around the roots, the rest is SoHum around it

1 Like

1 Like